cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration in from Sky

dragon2611
Grafter

Migration in from Sky

This should be interesting, Going from Sky FTTC to Plusnet Business FTTC so I guess we'll have to see if they manage to migrate the Broadband/Phone over smoothly or not.
Usage is mostly residential, but there is some traffic that would count as Business use so I thought rather than fall foul of T&C's I'd sign up for the Business package, I'd have hoped that Business users have a higher traffic priority than the residential users but reading other threads on here that's unlikely  Shocked
Also it will be nice to be able to use my own router without resorting to having to messing about with my DHCP client config.
2 REPLIES 2
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Migration in from Sky

Hi there
You may find this thread of use , as you maybe able to use residential account , if its mainly for that purpose
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,117461.msg1016236.html
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dragon2611
Grafter

Re: Migration in from Sky

I could probably argue it was more of a Hobby if I had to, that said I'm still registered as a sole-trader even though it's not my Primary source of income.  (Rather not fall foul of the Tax man)
That said My data usage is considerably more than the UK average, I live in a shared household and we're all pretty heavy users of the internet and that's just our Residential traffic!
I'm quite happy to pay the extra for the Business account, I did even consider adding the Enhanced care to get the line looked at even quicker if there was a fault, but thought that might be going a bit to far  Grin
The main things for me are
1) Business use allowed, It's probably never going to be a problem but officially it wasn't allowed on Sky
2) At least one static IP,  So I don't have to rely on Dyndns anymore - Ideally I'd like a couple but given the current state of IPv4 availability That's probably not realistic
3) Allowed to use my own router officially (Although Sky never enforced that T&C anyway) - I currently run an Edgerouter Lite, I love it's feature set and it's performance vs price, none of the ISP Supplied routers i've had so far even come close
4) Unlimited usage - Don't mind paying more for a decent connection, but at the same time I want fixed cost, not to suddenly get a massive bill because I reformatted my Computer and re-downloaded a load of steam games or I had to upload a Virtual machine that I'd deleted by mistake.