Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Internet No Connection

chris2005
Grafter

Business Internet No Connection

Hi
I've been having problems with my internet which has been off since this afternoon
I have called plusnet 3 times and they said it looked like a hardware fault, I tried another router but the fault persists,
I have taken the router to my fathers house who also uses plusnet and put his settings in and it works fine.

PlusNet now say there not sure what the fault is and will be in touch within 48 hours which is not much good for an internet business.
If there's a problem can you please let me know

3 REPLIES 3
chris2005
Grafter

Re: Business Internet No Connection

Hi Plusnet
I would like to thank you for completely wasting my weekend which could have been prevented  had you been honest with me in the first place and  advised me that my " UNLIMITED " internet had been turned off for high usage even though I'm paying for unlimited  !! 

After 3 phone calls on Saturday for which i had been advised it was a hardware fault and the lines were fine, I was then advised to carry out a factory reset of the router which made no difference, I then took the router to my fathers address to make sure there was no problem with the router (which there wasn't) I then checked all the internet cables which were all OK .
My suspicions have now been confirmed when my internet was indeed turned off due to internet usage as my internet sprung to life at after midnight !!
I have found it very frustrating to be messed around like this especially when during my First phone call to yourselves I asked if  my internet was turned off due to high internet usage, for which I was told no.
I have been unable to carry out any work over the weekend or prep work for Monday morning !!
I would have preferred you's had told me the truth during my first phone call instead of having me chase after a hardware problem which was never there !!
I'm going to set an alert on my router to let me know when I reach a certain usage so as to prevent this happening again in the future, can you please advise me on what the limit on my UNLIMITED internet usage is ??  This would be a lot less frustrating then the weekend I have had chasing a hardware fault that wasn't there.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What account type are you on (the product on this page) and when did you sign up for it?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi Chris, I've had a look over your account and there's nothing to suggest that your speeds had been capped due to high usage.
Your package is unlimited and this does give you unlimited usage. You can upload/download as much as your line is capable of.
I can see that when you called, automated testing did not indicate what was causing the problem with your line, therefore we advised the next steps in investigating this, which are to check hardware to rule that out as being the cause of the problem. As you're advising that the checks we advised you to carry out did not point towards your hardware/internal wiring as being the cause of the problem, the next step would likely be getting an engineer out for further investigation.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet