Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable / slow connection with Adobe Creative Cloud

FIXED
ArcPD
Dabbler

Re: unable / slow connection with Adobe Creative Cloud

Hi Great that looks like a solution. Just one final question: I have 3 ports on the router. I need to use one to link to the switch which leaves 2. Not sure how switches work. Can I use the 2 ports on the router AND at the same time use the ports on the switch. OR do I have to just use only one port from the router to link to the switch and then only use the ports on the switch? In which case it is probably best to get an 8 port switch. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

@ArcPD wrote:

Can I use the 2 ports on the router AND at the same time use the ports on the switch. 

Yeah you can do this. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jacklevy

Hi, 

I'm having the EXACT same problem as Jon.  Would you please be able to send me a new router too?  As he says, I can sign in to Adobe on other internet connections, but not my Plusnet one.

Thanks,

Jack

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi Jack,

Have you tried the steps given here https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/unable-slow-connection-with-Adobe-Creative-Cloud/m-p/1872991... to try to get to the bottom of the issue? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
geilerbass

Hi,

I'm also experiencing this problem. My partner uses Adobe Creative Cloud for work, so it's a fairly critical service.

I've tried manually setting the DNS servers, as suggested earlier in this thread, and this seems to allow the Adobe servers addresses to be resolved, so is a valid workaround.

However, it seems unwise to leave this configured indefinitely so I wanted to check if a root cause investigation is on-going and how a proper fix would be communicated/rolled-out?

Many thanks in advance!

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Hello Mr H Smiley Hope you and A are doing well.
Maybe a staffer will be along shortly to give an update.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ewenjc

I've been having the same adobe login issue.  I've been putting off some photography work as my previous attempt to login to adobe failed miserably.  I got adobe updated by using my phones hotspot and then today I tried again and luckily found this thread.  I've tried the manual DNS workaround and it appears to be working, but not totally happy with hacking these settings.

Other posts mention old routers and I'd imagine our might be a bit old having been with plusnet since 2005 with I think only one replacement.  It's a plusnet hub one.  Would a newer router help?

Thanks,

Ewen

belindam

Thank you so much for this tip. I've been locked out of my Adobe account for weeks and found Adobe pointed the finger at Plusnet whose customer support told me to restart my router to 'clear the IP address' which had 'got clogged up'. As expected, this was flim flam and didn't work but adding the 8.8.8.8 DNS setting did. 

I'm still none the wiser about what a DNS setting is (and don't really see why I should have to know) but the point is it worked! For which I'm very grateful.

mkeagles

Hi there, I am also having this problem. I have changed my DNS settings like advised which as made creative cloud now work but i am now having other issues with other web pages. Would this be caused by the change in DNS settings? also is the DNS workaround a temporary fix? If so, would it be possible to get a new router to help solve this issue?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@mkeagles  Welcome to the forum.

Which hub have you got? Which DNS resolvers have you set your computer to use?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mkeagles

Thank you 🙂

I don't know the name of the router but a photo is attached here....

The DNS I used were 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Baldrick1

@mkeagles 

That is an old 2704N hub. You would definately get better wireless performance from an upgrade. Are you on ADSL or Fibre?

If you renewed your contract recently or are getting towards the end of your contract  and willing to sign up for a new one it might be worth ringing the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and asking, remebering to ask for a hub, you may need to pay P&P,

Another alternative favoured by some is to get a BT Smarthub or Smarthub 2 from an auction site, they sell for peanuts. You will find the setting instructions pinned to the top of the My Router  board.

Moderator and Customer

Baldrick1

@mkeagles 

Thinking a bit more about this. If you are on ADSL then if you are on ADSL then you will only be upgraded to a Hub One. Unfortunately, you cannot set your own DNS resolvers in these. Th Plusnet Hub 2 has this feature. The other auction site BT alternative is the Business version of the Smarthub. You can set them in a Business Smarthub a.k.a Business Smarthub 6. Both the standard and 'Ultrafast' FTTP vessions of this hub also work on ADSL and fibre services. I know nothing about the Business version of the Smarthub 2.

Moderator and Customer

ENG2022

Hello Gandalf

Hope you are well.

I am have the same problem as being discussed in the thread, I have spent 3 days on and off unistalling everything CC, the only way I could get anything back on was by hotspot from my phone via 4g Then on to call centres at Apple, Adobe, then told by adobe that this is an issue with my service provider. They kind of left me in the cold at the Plusnet call centre and sent me here. I use everything Adobe for my work and I work from home, so this is a total nightmare.

Plusnet have said they are sending me out a new router. will that solve the problem like it did for Jon7.

Hope you can help.

JO66

Hi - I have had the exact same problem as others on this thread, and have had no answers/support from Adobe. I was able to connect via a 4G hotspot only

Adding the 2 DNS servers has worked for me, so thanks so much for this thread!

Am I OK leaving them like this or do I need to contact Plusnet for router support?