cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thomson TG585v7 port forward issues

rizspect

thomson TG585v7 port forward issues

hello,
i am trying everything to play my friend in games like black-ops zombies or splinter cell conviction co-op mode. We can play online on a server together but we can not connect to each other (to do coop modes). We are both on plusnet and have both done the port forward for splinter cell setup but still does not work. I have since tryed with another friend whois on sky and after him setting up his ports worked straight away (did not until he sorted his ports). Can someone please help me with this has i dont know what else to do or try,
thanks paul
5 REPLIES 5
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: thomson TG585v7 port forward issues

Check you don't have the plusnet broadband firewall enabled. This can be found under connection settings on your member centre page. If you have, disable it and reboot your routers.
rizspect

hello,
thanks for responding, i have checked the firewall setting on my router and it is enabled and setup as standard but when i goto configure and turn off it says:
Firewall Settings
This level is protected and not editable.
so it does not allow me to Sad can you advise on this or plusnet tell me how to turn off as it is restricting my use.
i have also logged into my account online as you said and its showing has turned off so i dont understand.
thanks
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The firewall that Peter referred to is *not* your router firewall; that must be left on.
Peter referred to your Plusnet broadband firewall which, as Peter said, is located under Connection Settings in your Member Centre.
Quote from: Peter
Check you don't have the plusnet broadband firewall enabled. This can be found under connection settings on your member centre page. If you have, disable it and reboot your routers.

The direct link to that is https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall.
Has your friend checked the setting of his/her Plusnet firewall?
David
rizspect

yes i have done that, as i said above in last post it is set to off and is not on. I dont understand i have rang plusnet as well today and they dont support this problem
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You mentioned that the problem occurs when you try connecting to your friend who is also a Plusnet customer. Have you checked whether your friend has his/her Plusnet firewall set to "off"?
David