Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same sync speed every time

Sauniere
Grafter

Re: same sync speed every time

No different today.  Sync downstream  3047
BT speedtest shows ip profile 2500 actual throughput 1723ish.  I've raised a ticket with PN but no response so far 
Sauniere
Grafter

After days and days of getting nowhere with PN I finally had some decent support on saturday.  The guy in question suggested that the problem with my drop in speed is due to the line being constantly dropped / dosconnected.  I switched routers, microfilters, unplugged phone from socket etc etc.  Called back hours later to find that the disconnections seemed to have stopped.  I was then told to leave things for 72 hours to see if the connection speed picked up.  After less than 24 hours the upload sync has dropped from 810 kbps to 445. 
Is this due to a different problem?
Every time I log a post on the support thread it takes a day for them to answer.  Everything support relating to PN revolves around waiting and waiting.  I'm getting very very frustrated and am starting to seriously regret agreeing to go on this trial.  I'm now barely better than when I was on standard ADSL never mind ADSL Max. 
Bojangles
Grafter

Quote from: Sauniere
 After less than 24 hours the upload sync has dropped from 810 kbps to 445. 

Did your router resync during this time? Sounds like the PN support person has the right idea. Mine dropped about 4000kbps in downstream speed after I had to disconnect the power twice in quick succession whilst doing work on the household electrics.
Sauniere
Grafter

It's difficult to tell bojangles.  The downstream sync speed reported in my router is particularly low and hasn't changed for days now which is what prompted me to log a fault in the first place as I thought it had been capped in some way.
As part of the fault finind process I changed routers, microfilters etc.  As soon as I changed routers the sync speed increased to 4541 but has stayed at that since.  I was infomed that the line no longer disconnected with this new set up but if that was the case I would have expected my sync to have started increasing before now as this is ADSL2+ not ADSL Max 
Bojangles
Grafter

Most routers have a counter that tells you how long your connection has been up for. My Draytek Vigor 2800V reports router and sync uptime and whenever I've had a speed increase/decrease it has had to resync.
It still takes several days for sync speeds to increase with ADSL2+ so its a matter of being patient and maybe praying Smiley
scootie
Grafter

just had drop in noise margin from 18 to 15db and now have 3727 sync which is a first. havent done resync since it droped my noise margin this morning so i dont know if this is also a fixed sync.
but if it is then it will look like the fixed sync is related to which noise margin have.
so far 9db gave a fixed 4552 and 18db gave fixed 3072
every time it raises or drops my noise margin it happens between 9.50 - 10.00am
scootie
Grafter

no longer on fixed sync.  Cheesy
Sauniere
Grafter

Nice one ASBO
To answer your previous question.  When my sync stuck at 3047 my SNR went up to 20db.  I put my old router back on and the sync immediately went up to 4500 ish as my SNR dropped to 14db.
My IP profile is still bottom scraping at 2500 and the sync hasn't increased since although from what bojangles says this is the norm (I've been praying  Smiley )  I had a conversation with a very helpful PN guy yesterday, can't mention any names but he has been very helpful in the past as well.    I'm currently monitoring the situation following his advice but this morning I have discovered  I'm still experiencing disconnections on this different setup so can only assume it's a line thing.