Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renewal of my contract

MAREK_W
Hooked

renewal of my contract

Dear Community,

Well, it is that time again.  My contract is up for renewal, in September 2023.  My current price, per month, is £27.76 per month.  I have been offered 2 packages to renew my contract, 1 is for 26.99 per month, the other is for 27.99 per month.  Not bad.  However, I am in a quandary here.  I have been out of work for many years now.  Because of this, I have little money coming in.  I usually have to live off my savings. 

As a result, in the past I have tried to take advantage of the fact that the best prices are reserved for those customers who are new, and I have usually taken a year long contract with another provider, in order to come back some time later to Plusnet.  This way, I become a new customer of Plusnet, and can take advantage of cheaper prices.  

Does anyone out there think this a good idea?  Perhaps I should talk with Plusnet to tell them of my worries?

Marek 

3 REPLIES 3
MAREK_W
Hooked

Re: renewal of my contract

Sorry.  Following on from my contract renewal.  I double-checked my renewal quote.  I will actually saving money from my current contract - it is now 18 months at 20.99, my current contract is higher.  I would love to renew, since I respect Plusnet so much,

Marek

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@MAREK_W  Sounds like a good deal 😀, go ahead and start the new contract. you don't have to wait for your existing one to finish.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

Hi Marek -- there are special rates available for those on low incomes and who are receiving State benefits. You might like to investigate this if your finances are stretched, as so many are in these hard times. Useful information from https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/compare-broadband-deals/broadband-social-tariffs/?feature=setupCos...

As far as I know Plusnet has yet to offer such a plan but I believe you could transfer to BT Essentials at £15 to £20 pm depending on speeds. Maybe you should give Plusnet a ring and ask about it, be prepared to answer questions about your income. I hope this helps, and best wishes.

Mike