cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

postini

boone70
Grafter

postini

I expect there is an answer to my question somewhere in the forums but I cant find it.
I have just been moved on to Postini and it seems to have stopped all email How do I look at the stuff that has been blocked. I am in real trouble with my dear genealogist wife.
47 REPLIES 47
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: postini

I've seen other posts like this - it looks like something went very, very wrong with the last batch of people who were moved to Postini (something similar has happened previously so how it's happened again... !)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Make sure that if you have spam filtering turned on in Manage My Mail that you don't have 'Delete it immediately' selected.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
boone70
Grafter

Thanks, I have just checked and and it is not turned on
boone70
Grafter

I have just looked at the email service status and found this
  Back
Date and Time Notice
18/01/2008 @ 08:57 Incoming Email Problems (49477) - NEW
We have recently become aware of a number of PlusNet customers who are experiencing problems receiving email following the migration of their accounts to the new Postini anti-spam platform.
Email sent to customers accounts may be returned to the sender as undeliverable with the following server response:
554 No relaying allowed
Our engineers are investigating and further details will be provided as they become available.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
Kind Regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support.
Teds31
Grafter

My spam has fallen from 30 a day to 3,and I checked my webmail and no spam.Does this mean I am on Postini. Can I check if there is any real mail that as been marked spam or is this it,I am very pleased so far hope it keeps up.
oliverb
Grafter

Further question about Postini
If postini is now "live" where are the relevant service announcements. I see a very long forum discussion about the trial and a discussion about false positives but I don't really want to read the whole lot from the beginning.
If the office account is switched to postini and the spam level drops that much then on Monday my boss is going to think his email is broken...and I need the information in order to say it isn't.
Come to think of it I need some reassurance.
Ianwild
Grafter

Teds31
Grafter

That seems to answer the questions Ian,thanks,I'm very happy.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

That archive message was OK Ian, but as a free-online member, we seem to have a wildly different service status format, since you amalgamated our member centres, why do we have two different service status formats?
I don't remember seeing anything for us lowly free-online customers any where, e-mail or service status to let us know
Ianwild
Grafter

Plus.net and Freee-online service status are the same since the websites were merged. I'm sure we sent all free-online customers an email to that effect?
You can sign up for service status emails via the usertools website I linked to above ( http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php )
Ian
pierre_pierre
Grafter

ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

But that summary does link you to this:
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1200679722.htm
Ianwild
Grafter

They are the same  Roll_eyes
The post is from the 15th, so if you scroll down and press the Archive button, you can find the same information.
I've had a distinct dislike for our own Service Status feed for a number of years. We do have a plan to replace it, but so far that's being pushed down the list by other higher priority work  Undecided
Ian
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my fault, I thought service status was just that,  Thats all I normally look at, I hadn't scrolled further down the page past the squit to find the announcements