Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interleaving

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: interleaving

Scottymc: You are already within a couple of hundred kbps of the maximum possible bandwidth for your attenuation according to Kitz, although you have reported synching at considerably higher than that earlier in the thread.
You might find some of those 'missing' kbps by resynching when the SNR is at its highest, but your 24/7 error levels would probably increase to even more than they already are, so you might well not gain anything in actual throughput.
In your situation I'd run a few BTw speedtests at different times of the day to find out what the actual throughput is now, compare with what you get after interleaving is re-applied, then take it from there if necessary, although with no line noise reported you may be running out of options (trust me, if there's one thing I've learned it's that no two lines are the same even with similar attenuations - with longer lines, even with apparently no actual line fault the degree of REIN they are subject to can vary hugely.)
How you deal with your boys complaining about the increased latency is another matter!  Undecided
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

JayG, there is the possibility that the speed is currently banded as previously mentioned. Also the ILQ is on Amber. I strongly recommend that a resync is NOT carried out at this time.
Nor do I see any point whatsoever of applying Interleaving if the connection is doing what is required of it.
Anotherone
Champion

That said, sorry for the delayed response Scott, that US SNRM plot is abysmal.
The CRC errors appear to be a bit worse again. I'm just going to look back over the previous figures and post again a bit later.
scottymc
Grafter

Ok mate
Like you said its working kids are happy and there are  no disconnects ,A reboot may or may not give me 500/700mb sync increase but could give me a shed load of other problems.
So ill stick with what I have unless there's a fix an engineer can sort.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Quote from: JayG
Scottymc: You are already within a couple of hundred kbps of the maximum possible bandwidth for your attenuation according to Kitz, although you have reported synching at considerably higher than that earlier in the thread.

You've put the wrong figure into the kitz calculator. You're supposed to enter the attenuation as measured on ADSL1 or ADSL2, not the higher value measured when on ADSL2+.
Anotherone
Champion

I don't think it really matters at this stage ejs, it's all a bit academic. Maintaining a stable connection is probably the most important thing right now, until we get a better handle on what is going on so we can consider raising the most appropriate type of fault.