Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection keeps on dropping connection

felicity2802
Hooked

connection keeps on dropping connection

hello, 

My internet connection keeps on dropping maybe every two days. Its done it for ages but is getting really annoying now as it has to be reset every time. Why does this keep happening? I've never experienced this with any other network. 

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: connection keeps on dropping connection

@felicity2802 Can you confirm you are definitely on an ADSL and not FTTC connection - the remedy procedure is slightly different on both?

John
felicity2802
Hooked

hey, is ADSL 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

OK. If ADSL, try following this as far as possible.

If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.Sight of the HelpDesk page, under the Troubleshooting tab on your router homepage - with personal information redacted - is very useful.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

It may be an idea to also report your lines capabilities - please post your results from THIS site, but ensure your phone number is obscured/hidden.

Also please report the 'Advanced Diagnostics' output from Here 

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @felicity2802,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. I've tested your line this afternoon and I can see that there is definitely a fault affecting the services, though multiple line tests seem to suggest the issue lies within the property. Have you had a chance to carry out the troubleshooting tips recommended by @jab1? In addition to the suggestions he has made, I would recommend setting the router up within the test socket in the property, to see if this results in any improvement. For reference we have a guide on this here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team