Did you mean: 

Your broadband is now active!

Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Your broadband is now active!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooot Cheesy

Not bad, from a sync speed of 5.5Mb
Totally wasn't expecting my broadband to be active this early in the day though! Result!
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Your broadband is now active!

Excellent,
Seeing as that was on your first day you might even see some improved speeds as the week progresses.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mattz0r
Rising Star

One can hope Wink
dick:quote
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Sorry for the double post,
One thing I had wondered is why my IP address doesn't have a reverse dns entry, like most IP's do. it's quite annoying on my IRC server, when the IP doesn't resolve!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mattz0r,
You have a dynamic IP so it's not possible to reverse map it I'm afraid. If you log in to the members centre and request a static IP then we can set that one up for you, but there's a one off fee of £5 to get the static IP in the first place.
Hope that helps,
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Oh rite.
fair enough. I don't think I can get one on Plusnet value anyway. I just thought all IP addresses has a reverse entry by default, just a "generic one"
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It does have a lookup, it'll be the IP address and will mention plusnet too but is pretty generic for all dynamic IPs. Yours is currently <IP address>.bbplus.thn-ag3.dyn.plus.net.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Yeah, that confirms pretty much what I thought it should look like, but on many nslookups it's not been resolvable, And when I do a local lookup, it resolves to dsldevice.lan (Which i'm guessing is just a worded way of getting to the router management page rather than using the IP)