cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8: Default Gateway not available

mariborkev

Windows 8: Default Gateway not available

Folks,
Did a search for this and no result, but feel free to move if required.
I was tinkering with my folks setup, in order to add a USB printer.  However it proved a lot trickier than I envisaged and I'm only just out the other end now.
I've managed to get all their devices to reconnect to it, but my own Windows 8 laptop will not reconnect.  It is showing a "Limited" connection.  I have tried resetting the adapter on it etc and the disagnostics, which suggest that it is due to the "default gateway not available".
It connects fine to other networks(I'm writing this message on it now, tethered wirelessly via my iPhone) but for some reason it won't reconnect to this network.  I've tried a few IP flush fixes I've seen online, but no results so far.
Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Finguz
Grafter

Re: Windows 8: Default Gateway not available

Try this
Although if it's connecting to other networks it probably isn't going to help in your case.
mariborkev

Yeah,
Tried the fix on that forum and indeed many others.  No dice as yet.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Is this a wireless connection?
If so try deleting the connection profile and then recreate it, some times these profiles become corrupt.
Nothing is easy in windows 8 Sad  -- to delete the profile you need to issue the following in a command prompt. Change "yourSSID" to the name of the wireless you wish to connect to.
netsh wlan delete profile name=yourSSID
Details:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/manage-wireless-network-profiles