Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has my speed gone?

BigDaz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Where has my speed gone?

Quote from: MrSmith
Speeds have been dropping for some time now Shocked , mine has gone from a stable 6600 dwn to a 4300dwn  Angry

Mine's also been falling steadily all year. Used to be pretty constant at 6500 now I'm lucky to get 4000. No change to my equipment or phone setup.
pcoventry76
Grafter

I have to admit that today my speed has flunked again, possibly the network balancing hasen't completed yet.
pioneer
Dabbler

After almost 9 months of trouble free speed(can only get  up to 2 meg) my speeds have plummeted at one stage 47.8 kbps,both BT speed check and PN and others confirm this.
Nothing changed my end re hardware or software.
Would appreciate suggestions how to get back to my 17 meg.
Brian
nebula
Dabbler

My connection was great until midnight last Thurs (steady 8000kbps) then it was dropping every five minutes for about 12 hours. This seems to have resolved itself after a fault report showed nothing wrong.
For the last 48 hours I've been left with an almost unusable  maximum speed of 150kbps! I haven't any overuse limitations on my account.
My stable rate is 7000 and router is synced at approx 7000.
Anyone else experiencing similar problems?
(I've now taken this up with support, Ticket ID: 2333292)
James
Grafter

Hi Nebula,
I've just had a look into this for you.
The reason why your speeds are poor is because BT have profiled your line on 135Kbps.  this will be as a result of a resync event with your router synchronising with the exchange at a very low speed.  This is no longer the case as you're now syncing above 6Mbps.  I can see that you also had an intermittent connection problem.  The intermittency and the speed issues will be directly linked.
Looking at your line this morning, I can see that you have been connected solidly for the last 8 hours.  If you connection is now stable, you should see an upturn in speed in the next couple of days.
I've commented similarly on your ticket.