cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Constantly Disconnects

Star123

VPN Constantly Disconnects

Hi,

I use a VPN to connect to my work network. Over the last 6 months or so I have experienced issues with the VPN constantly disconnecting. Sometimes it can last a couple of hours and sometimes it can be as little as five minutes before it disconnects. When it disconnects I have to disconnect and reconnet to the wifi to enable me to establish a new connection. 

I have a number of clients available to me, including Checkpoint Endpoint Security, Palo Alto GlobalProtect and Juniper Networks Pulse Secure Network Protect. I have the same issue with all of these. I have tried various things to resolve including adding IPSEC and PPTP to the port forwarding application list. 

Looking at some of the other threads, it looks like this might be an issue with migrating to the new netowrk and IP addressing, but this is very much out of my area of expertise.

Any support or advice would be appreciated.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: VPN Constantly Disconnects

The first thing I'd try is to eliminate the wifi from the equation and use an ethernet cable to connect your device.

Based on the connection logs it doesn't seem like the line itself is dropping out:

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Star123

Hi Chris,

It has been remarkably stable since I posted this. What I will do is connect my other machine to the router directly and leave it to see if the VPN stays connected. Will update once I get some results.

Thanks.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks, let us know how you get on.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.