Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade or not?

TBSteve
Grafter

Upgrade or not?

Hi,
  I've been on PlusNet for nearly 5 years now, on the same deal - "Broadband Plus".
I was wondering if it is worth changing to a new product, to raise the limit/speed.
I work from home some times during the day and sign in using VPN access.
Would the Premium/Pro packages make any difference?
Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.
Thanks,
Steve.
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Upgrade or not?

Welcome to the forums
you can compare the two packages here,  http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm  from first looks you are probably better off staying where you are,
it also depends on what phone market area you are in what you might get charged  see http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php
TBSteve
Grafter

Thanks for those links.
I'm in market 3 area so I could get cheaper.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
If you moved to Premium you'd have 80GB of usage for an ongoing price of £15.99. You'd also get a speed increase to upto 20Mb as your exchange has been enabled for ADSL2+.
Your usage is pretty low at the moment, but the rate limits on Premium are much better than on Value.
TBSteve
Grafter

I am quite far from the exchange - maybe 6km+ if I remember correctly.
I don't think I'd be able to get anywhere near 20Mbps.
I currently have around 2Mbps, if I changed to Premium would I even see any increase?
I am only asking as working from home at times can be a pain - due to speed/contention.
I might consider cable, as a few people in work have it and recommend it, the speeds are great.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

changing product will have no effect on sync speed unless you change to ADSL2+ if your exchange is enabled.
But with a sync speed of about 2Mb you won't see any improvement - it might even get worse