cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedtester BT: This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.

Santiago
Grafter

Speedtester BT: This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.

I just ran a test on Speedtester BT
I got the test result as usual but a message said
This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.
Please wait whilst you are redirected to undertake a second test.
You now have two choices-
  1. If you wish to carry out further tests and you are competent to make changes to your ADSL system configuration, then please click on 'Continue' button.
  2. If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

So I continued and got this screen (attached)
I haven't seen this before is it new? The instructions don't make sense to me either.
19 REPLIES 19
James
Grafter

Re: Speedtester BT: This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.

It's just asking you to change your username in your router and then click on go once the connection is established.
It's testing a non username specific connection to ourselves.
Santiago
Grafter

Re: Speedtester BT: This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.

Ok James Thanks I understand what you mean
But it is not giving clear instruction at all is it?
James
Grafter

Almost Smiley
The message is strongly tailored towards people using USB/PCI modems.
Santiago
Grafter

So what do I put for the ISP "plus.net" or "f9.co.uk"
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The latter one. What you've been asked to do is change your normal account username to the test one. The part of the broadband username after the @ should remain unchanged.
David
Santiago
Grafter

OK thanks
Santiago
Grafter

Typical
The second part of the test failed with message "Exception: connection reset"
I will have another try tomorrow  Sad
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This additional screen can come up if you've HAD a very low sync event, and your current (high) sync speed is totally inconsistent with a very low profile. If / As soon as the profile recovers, you probably won't get the screen.
Santiago
Grafter

I haven't had a low sync event and have not been able to get the speedtester to work since the last test.
I will try tomorrow and see what happens
Anotherone
Champion

Was your PN profile at the member centre wildly different from BT's? which I should also have included in my comment!
Santiago
Grafter

It was the same.
fishter
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
It's just asking you to change your username in your router and then click on go once the connection is established.
It's testing a non username specific connection to ourselves.

I don't know if this is widely known, but the Thomson wireless router that Plusnet now supply makes it very difficult to change the username.  I could only find where to change it through the set up wizard.  And that didn't let me enter a blank password as the BT speed tester specifies.
Just thought this might help someone.
Anotherone
Champion

You are supposed to be able to use anything, but a password of test should be ok for bt_test_user.
CapNcaveman
Grafter

i dont bother with that tester, i always us speedtest.net and been happy with the results