cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed much lower than estmated speed..

dai
Grafter

Re: Speed much lower than estmated speed..

No problem Chris, makes you wonder why none of the previous engineers picked up this fault?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It's something I'll be looking into once we have got this resolved for you.
An engineer is scheduled to go out tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what work is carried out as soon as I get it Smiley
dai
Grafter

Once again, thank you for your excellent work. I look forward to hearing from you.
dai
Grafter

Chris, do you have a update on this please?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I don't have a further update at the moment. Unfortunately our suppliers are having a few system issues at the moment. When I do have further information for you, I will update this thread.
Sorry about this.
dai
Grafter

Not a problem Chris, Im just working away this week so was curious as to what BT had found, and have done.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I know they have been out and have measured your line being 1.4km, I am just awaiting further information with regards to getting the speeds somewhat closer to the estimate, if this is possible.
I'll keep pushing Smiley
dai
Grafter

Cheers Chris,
                          Just wondering what they have done with regards to the length of sub-standard cable, and as what this suddenly mannifesting fault they found on Monday is.
dai
Grafter

Chris,
          Sorry for the continued pestering, but is there any updates on this. I ask because im working away from home this week, and the wife passed comment this morning that the internet wasnt working last night, she said it just brought up a "Plusnet Login" screen. Without physically being there I am unable to investigate this, but with BT out looking/working on the external line yesterday, it seems more than a coincidence.
Many Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Really sorry that you've been having problems with your connection. I've taken a quick look at your connection and it looks as though the password being entered into the router upon set up is incorrect. The connection may have dropped due to the work been carried out in the area.
More to follow regarding the work that has been done this evening for you. If you could ensure that all details being typed in are correct, then you should be able to use the service as normal.
dai
Grafter

No problem Chris. Will talk the wife through the setup procedure over the phone tonight. Looking forward to hearing about the work that has been carried out from you this evening.  Many  thanks Chris.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

An engineer went out to investigate the line that had been failing, the engineer has tested the E-side of the network (Between the Green Cabinet and Local Exchange) but was unable to locate a fault at all. As a result of this testing, your speeds will have remained the same.
The engineer has measured your line, but I am working late this evening with the escalation owner as we believe that we need another engineer to come out as we need to have the cabling between the Green Cabinet and your DP (Distribution Point - Telephone Pole) both measured and checked for quality. We are trying to dig a bit deeper to find out why some line tests fail and other pass, so this is continuing work.
When I know when the engineer is due to go back out again, I'll let you know, but it is important that everything is checked thoroughly. I'm sorry more wasn't done on the day, however, I think we are now pushing towards the correct side of the network now as I believe that this is where most of the speeds are being lost. I will keep you in the loop once I know more.
dai
Grafter

Thanks for the info Chris. Hopefully we are coming to some kind of pinpointing of the problem, and a eventual conclusion. Thank you for your continued efforts.
dai
Grafter

Many thanks for the telephone call Chris, very positive news indeed. Look forward to hearing from you again with regards to the date that BT are replacing the cable. Once again I would like to express my gratitude for all your efforts, it really is appreciated.
FAO Chris`s Manager.
I would just like to convey my appreciation and genuine thanks for the hard work and fantastic service that Chris has provided. I understand how frustrating working with BT can be at times, and how easy it would be to say that no more can be done, just to end the difficult work that usually entails chasing a fault. We are usually quick enough to complain when we feel that we have not received the service we feel entitled to, but on this occasion I would just like to point out to you what a pleasure it has been to deal with Chris. I appreciate the many long hours of dealing with BT (No doubt banging his head against the wall) that Chris has had to contend with, and to emphasise what a asset Chris is to both your team, and Plusnet as a whole.
Many Thanks
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I must admit I am puzzled by Chris' post above stating that "the engineer has tested the E-side of the network (Between the Green Cabinet and Local Exchange)" - I thought Dai's problem was poor speed on an FTTC connection and his phone was working normally. If there is a cable problem affecting FTTC speed the D-side needs to be checked, it seems odd that BTOR have wasted engineers time checking the wrong section of cable but being BT it doesn't surprise me!!