cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed much lower than estmated speed..

dai
Grafter

Re: Speed much lower than estmated speed..

Any update Chris please?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
Sorry for the delay, looks as though we're going to have to book an engineer to come out to get that sorted out for you. I'll pop some notes on the Fault Ticket for you.
dai
Grafter

Chris, there really is no point in another engineer coming out.  The last 4 find no problem with the line when they run their tests on the JDSU. They all state tho that the length of cable which continually gets flagged up as unsuitable, needs replaced, and untill that happens they can do no more. Without trying to sound ungrateful for your help, its just exasperating with Openreach just continually send engineers out, who stay around 15 mins, do their checks, then state no more can be done untill the cable is replaced. The cable needs replaced, then a engineer to come back out?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's fair enough. Having looked through your ticket history and can see that things haven't gone exactly smooth. I understand how you feel about having another engineer, sorry about that.
I've just spoken to the escalation owner on the phone and I've advised that an engineer will not be needed to attend the property. I should have a further update within the next 2 hours.
I'll keep doing everything I can to ensure we do get this resolved for you.
dai
Grafter

Chris, there is no need for you to apologise, its just that BT sending another engineer out before replacing the sub-standard cable is of no benefit to anyone. I really appreciate your continued help, and hoplefully we will be able to arrive at the point where BT finally take ownership of the problem, which their own engineers state should have happend years ago.  Many thanks for your help.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's no problem at all. Well you've got me chasing this personally so if there is anything you need in the meantime, just give me a shout Smiley
I'll let you know once I've got further information for you.
dai
Grafter

Thankyou
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your patience on this.
I've just had confirmation that the task is currently being built and an engineer will be tasked out on the external network on Monday/Tuesday. Once I have get further confirmation I'll let you know the exact day Smiley
dai
Grafter

Superb news Chris, it finally seems we are getting somewhere! Can I ask how you managed to finally convince BT that this stretch of cable needs replacing, when your colleagues couldn't convince them? Once again, thank you for all your continued efforts, it really is appreciated Chris.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

A lot of e-mailing and a lot of time on the phone Wink
I think it's a case that the previous agents have mis-judged the real nature of the fault. I have fed this back to my manager.
Not a problem at all though, I'm glad I've been able to get this pushed further for you.
Bright
Grafter

@abhijack (the OP)
It's all gone quiet for just over a week. Was wondering if you've had any progress? Just curious...  Roll_eyes
dai
Grafter

Hi Chris,
                Do you have a update on this task please? Many Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Our suppliers have run some Line Tests and one of them has failed, which is good news. I'm just chasing further information as to when we can expect an engineer to go out to resolve this for you. I'll let you know once I have more information.
dai
Grafter

Excellent News Chris. Do you know if it is the cable that was suspected by the previous engineers as sub-standard that failed?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm not 100% sure yet and we probably wont be completely sure until the engineer goes out. Hopefully it is the sub-standard cable that has been identified as a problem.