cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed's and drop outs daily!

darrenkeen19

Slow Speed's and drop outs daily!

My Normal DL is around 26ish, however BTWholesale shows I could get maybe 44mb, any way I could get my speeds tweaked upwards?.

also I get drop outs roughly a couple of times a day, not caused by WiFi dropout, as everything is connected to my PC by Ethernet ( BB drop's out at the router ( Hub One now, but bt Hub 6 Normally ) for around 5 mins at a time, no pattern, no warning, which I know is effecting my router's stability and overall speed connection.

Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 21:01:46
Downstream:33.67 Mbps
Upstream:5.925 Mbps

I know what I can do to the account to check things, and the staff member who picks this up will also realise ;).

help a fellow Man out to see if he can squeeze a little more out and maybe a bit of stability as well.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Slow Speed's and drop outs daily!

@darrenkeen19 Welcome to the forums. It would be helpful if you had posted all the screen of the 'btw.png' and the 'Advanced Diagnostics' from the 'btspeed.png' - vital information is missing.

Can you also post the WAN logs from your Hub - I suspect they will show repeated DSL drops.

John
darrenkeen19

Added New Screenshots

Wan log is from a while ago but shows 2 x drop

jab1
Legend

Something looks strange on your speed test - your IP profiles look like (to me, latish at night) to be ADSL ones, although you are achieving a poor  FTTC download speed, and a reasonable U/L. Are you on Fibre Unlimited or Fibre Unlimited Extra?

The WAN log is useless - I'm afraid we need a current one.

John
darrenkeen19

I will add a new wan log tomorrow, only put the hub one back on late last night.

I should be on Fibre unlimited Extra but was told I could not get it so was put on Fibre Unlimited.

thanks for your replies so far John Smiley

jab1
Legend

Quick comment - with the attainable speeds reported in the BTW screen shot, the 'Extra' is not worth the added cost - you are too far from the cab to benefit.

John