Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router help

jrilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Router help

Hello,
I just signed up to plusnet ADSL and my go live date is 5 Aug. I have a few questions about replacing the PN supplied router. I have tried searching and going back through pages but I can't really find the answers I'm looking for. Sorry if these have been answered a million times before, if someone can link to a topic that covers this rather repeating anything that would be great.
Firstly I live in a town house and my current provider is SKY, their Sky Hub 2 range isn't the best and I really struggle getting a signal in my bedroom on the top floor.
Obviously I'll need to try out the PN supplied one, but I'm assuming it will offer similar performance. Devices I use are mobiles, tablets, a laptop and my PC is on the top floor currently connected via Home Plugs as the signal isn't isn't strong enough.
So what I need is:
1. a new router with good range (and throughput).
2. a router that will work with ADSL and fiber as they are installing fiber in my area now. (or does the plusnet router act as a bridge or something???)
3. wireless AC would be quite nice for future proofing.
4. a budget of around £120.
5. might sound daft but a one that isn't HUGE as it will sit in my hall way and I don't want it to be really intrusively big, the Asus RT ones look perfect but I'm put off by their size.
I currently get around 13Mbps on SKY plusnet seem to think they can better it to 15Mbps, which would be lovely!
This is my first post so go easy on me hehe  Tongue
Paul
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Router help

Hi there,
Whether you do decide to stick with our router or not do give it a try if you can and let us know if you have any feedback for us.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team