cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return customer, would like old line settings restored.

FIXED
Mobo

Return customer, would like old line settings restored.

Hello there!

I have recently returned to Plusnet broadband after being with another ISP for a couple of years. Previously, I received your broadband service on the same physical telephone line as I am using now, however my current speeds/settings are about half as good as they were previously (currently around 10Mb download/ 0.5Mb upload).

I have tested using the test socket, and the quiet line test is perfect. During my previous broadband contract with Plusnet my settings were at "max" - uncapped upload, fastpath, 3db SNR, IP Profile/"current line speed" at 21Mb.

Could you please return the settings to the above, so I can go back to getting the great speeds that I enjoyed previously from your service? The connection has been rock solid so far - any drops you see will most likely be from the incessant tinkering with the router (self provided) that I tend to get up to.

Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Return customer, would like old line settings restored.

@Mobo wrote:

- any drops you see will most likely be from the incessant tinkering with the router (self provided) that I tend to get up to.

Many thanks in advance!

My advice is to stop tinkering and be patient. The DLM will automatically reduce your SNR and hence increase your speed if there are few disconnections. You are defeating this automatic function by simulating a dropped line.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Return customer, would like old line settings restored.

Fix

Hi @Mobo,

I've requested that the SNR be turned down to 3db, however due to the Dynamic Line Management this may boost back up 6db and we can't guarantee that we'll be able to keep the line at 3db on a permanent basis. Beyond that though, everything else looks like it's already setup  like you've requested, so hopefully you're finding the services good on your side of things. 

If you have any further questions about this please get back to us so we can get it sorted for you Smiley

- Alex 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team