Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat of same speed issue.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Repeat of same speed issue.

Hey Presto,
I've just run some diagnostics and it's showing that there's an open phone fault. Who is your provider. Can you call them and ask them to tell you the status of the fault or to close it
Jojo Smiley
Presto
Dabbler

Hi Jojo.
I originally raised a fault with BT when I started getting connection issues.  They found a fault with the roadside box and fixed that.  According to the fault tracker on their website it was closed on the 16th October, and I spoke to one of the engineers who confirmed that the line was now "perfect".
I'll give them a call and see if there's something else they haven't closed off.
Cheers
Presto.
Presto
Dabbler

OK final update for today.  Have just been on BT's website to find a number and suddenly lost the connection.  Checked the router and it was still indicating that the line was active and connected.  Came back to the PC and not only had it re-established the connection, but it's now back just under it's usual speed - a quick speedcheck has the download speed at 4.8mb, although the Plusnet IP profile still says 0.25.
I'm not going to touch anything for the rest of the weekend to see if this speed stays, or if it drops again.  If it's due to anything that you guys at Plusnet have just done in the last 5 mins, then a huge thankyou as it's worked.
Cheers
Presto.
Presto
Dabbler

Looks like it was running at full speed for most of the night, but at some point it's dropped back down to 0.25mb.  I'll still leave everything untouched for the rest of the weekend to see what happens.
Presto
Dabbler

Router was connected constantly over the weekend, but following the unexpected speed boost on Friday evening (which ended sometime early Saturday morning), it's only been downloading at about 0.2Mb.
Could someone post one of the connections graphs, so I can see if it is still dropping the connection regularly, or if that's been sorted out.  About the only left that I can replace at home is the master socket, so if connections are still dropping I'll try that.
Thanks
Mark.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey Presto,
Yes it does seem a lot better. It should have increased the profile by now, so I've reset the profile in order to kick this into action. It can take up to 24 hours though.
Jojo Smiley
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Hey Presto
did you mean to say that  Grin
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Probably - it's because she always works her magic on faults! Grin
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Presto
Dabbler

Thanks guys - checked out line speed last night, and was back up to the usual, in fact even a bit faster.  Still nice and speedy this morning as well, so I'm a happy bunny at the minute.
So thanks again JoJo, Jelv and co. for all the help and assistance - and you've all welcome to open with "Hey Presto"  Cheesy 
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear it's a lot better, thanks for letting me know. Smiley
Quote from: PeterLoftus
did you mean to say that  Grin

Couldn't resist it Peter Smiley