cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with IPlayer & Unlimited & Value

scootie
Grafter

Re: Problems with IPlayer & Unlimited & Value

getting 0x00 on wiresharks for all traffic since around 7.30am i belive this would be due to the tweaking thats suppose be going on around now and thats the reason ive not set to trying the browser and cache method again plus am not going to be around to do much testing today.
so thought the best help i could give was to point to that limited old info in case no other packet ninja picked up the testing
scootie
Grafter

Smiley Smiley looks like your on to a winner there guys 0x80 on iplayer now.
cleared dns cache ect and tried firefox an still 0x80
added a capture to this ticket incase you wanted to have look.  ID: 28968961
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Yeah, we reloaded the Ellacoyas, while that was happening traffic wouldn't have been tagged. THN-AG2's Ellacoya was down a bit longer than the others but all back up now, so fingers crossed you don't see any more 0x60s on iPlayer.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Tsonga
Grafter

Just tested a couple of programs; both 0x80. Looks like mission accomplished!  Smiley
Thanks! Looks like it wasn't the simplest of problems to sort out!  Cheesy
scootie
Grafter

dave take a deep breath before reading this  Crazy
its all gone pete tong, getting 0x60 again.
added pcap to this ticket ID: 28968961
EDIT
just flushed dns an cleared browser and flashplayer history out with ccleaner and tried the stream in FF and get 0x80 added that pcap to same ticket
Tsonga
Grafter

Still seeing 0x80s at my end so far. Touch wood!  Cool
James
Grafter

Excellent!
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks Asbo, I'll take a look, would be useful to know what you were doing in the 5 minutes or so before you saw the 0x60s.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
scootie
Grafter

cracked a can open an had a burger  Grin
em cant remember what i did in the 5 or so mins b4 but the things i was doing yestrday was spotify(on all day)  irc using Mirc (on all day) messenger (on all day) i did fire up limewire 5.1.3 for a few minutes but am sure that was after i got the 0x60 but could of been b4 not sure also peer gurdian 2 got switched on around this time for abit.
rest was just cruzien the web.
it was only that one instance so far i was streaming a prog late last nite and that was picked up fine and also there being picked up fine right now.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'd suggest you briefly do those things again (well perhaps it's a bit early in the day to crack a can  Wink )and then start a new streaming session to see if it still gets 0x80.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
scootie
Grafter

as it seems to be one offish instance. i think i will leave the testing to see if i can replicate it again till tomoro.
p.s if some of sigs in todays batch was for messenger cams then it seems to have worked to some degree as am now gettin 0x80 on sum ports but still getting 0x40 on other ports in the same capture on the same ip
same ip's source port 50167  dest 9049 0x60 and source port 49171 dest 9049 0x80
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's the web traffic that might be doing it, something you did before in the previous few minutes that was classed as 0x60. I'm hoping it'll just be a one off caused by you hitting some random site a minute or 2 before that was 0x60 and that just carried over to iPlayer. Will keep a look out though and if anyone else sees it please let me know.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Tsonga
Grafter

IPlayer unwatchable again tonight... You Tube unwatchable. What's the point of a connection that can only be used before 4pm when most people are at work?
coastergrotto
Grafter

I'm on Unlimited and trying to downland Eggheads.  I have been downloading for over an hour but still have 6.54 hours to go.  I suppose I shall have to wait until past midnight when it will download in minutes.