cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speeds and cut outs

slinkywonka10
Grafter

Poor speeds and cut outs

My fibre connection is problematic lately,my minimum estimated speed is 42 but the best i can get is about 38 and thats on a good day.Myself and my kids are experiencing problems with the connection cutting out and speeds just dropping to snail pace,there was BT guys doing work on our road recently but unfortunately i cannot get full fibre yet according to the checker

22 REPLIES 22
slinkywonka10
Grafter

Re: Poor speeds and cut outs

I just txt my number to the fault checker on plusnets website and it says it cannot find an account for my phone number?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@slinkywonka10 

Is your mobile number registered against your account? If you log into your Broadband account you can check or add it then try again.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

slinkywonka10
Grafter

Yes both mobile and landline number are correct.
slinkywonka10
Grafter

Is there anyone on here who can check my line for me?
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@slinkywonka10 - Sadly there is something wrong with your connection and every time I run a test I get an error. We could do with reporting the issue to BTW to investigate. You never know, could have something to do with the speed issues. Before I do that I could do with seeing a picture of your setup, just the front and back of the router and phone socket to make sure we're likely dealing with Openreach issue and nothing internally. 

Can you also run a speed test using ethernet and not WIFI please? Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
slinkywonka10
Grafter

My phone line is completely dead,when I try and ring my landline number it says it's not valid
My internet is still working though?
slinkywonka10
Grafter

My speed test was 33.4
slinkywonka10
Grafter

My router page shows max downstream is 34, that is 10 below my minimum guaranteed speed.My landline in regards to phone has been removed it seems?
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@slinkywonka10 -With SOGEA, you don't have a landline service anymore. Are you able to send over those pictures?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Plusnet Help Team
slinkywonka10
Grafter

I don't know how to add pictures? My routers not a Plusnet one I'm using a tp link modem router,have used it the whole time I have been with Plusnet and it's been great.

But now my speed is always around 30,when I first moved here 7 years ago I got 60
slinkywonka10
Grafter

Have added pics to my profile and made them public
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers, seen them. I'd unplug the phone from the socket as this isn't needed anymore although I can't see that causing the issue with speed. I can't tell you much about your connection stats I'm getting this error message.

"Internal test system processing error. On first error please check and then resubmit test request, on subsequent errors please contact the SMC"

Because of that, I've raised a fault and you can the history here @ https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=645294203 .

You get an update in then next few days.

Plusnet Help Team
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@slinkywonka10 

When you reply to a post you have two options to include images.

The first is to post "in-line" - above the text box is this icon Image.JPGClick on this and then navigate to the image you want to share.

The second option is to attach an image - click on the paper clip below the text window.

Brian

slinkywonka10
Grafter

I am on my mobile and have none of those options