Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Sucks

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Plusnet Sucks

Quote from: Joanne
It's the test socket that we need to try.

So you don't trust these filtered faceplates, Joanne?  I had thought maybe these were good enough to prevent problems associated with your internal wiring?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's not that I don't trust them, I'm sure plenty of people use them without any problems. The test socket is the only way, though, to rule out any internal issues. Smiley
oswalds
Grafter

Ok its been in the test socket since yesterday. Just the same.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Is the sync rate improved at all? Bear in mind it'll take some time for the line profile to adjust so the sync speed may have increased even if you're not seeing faster speeds. If it has that'd be a fair indication that your internal wiring is adding interference to the line.
oswalds
Grafter

Downstream 2,899 Kbps
Upstream 967 Kbps
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation G.992.3 Annex A
Latency type Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up) 7.7 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 49.5 dB / 30.3 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 4.0 dBm / 1.4 dBm

Just the same plus after 8 BT engineers i think an internal wiring fault would have been found by now.
oswalds
Grafter

Another update. Gone from steady but slow to no broadband. Dropped off at 5am today and never came back on. Tried calling Plusnet got told they would raise a ticket which could take up to 72 hours before someone will look at it. Great Embarrassed
Gets better and better all the time...............
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Having checked your account it seems the original fault is still in hand with the EM assist team, so it's still under investigation. Notes suggest we should hear something back from them by the end of the day, so I'll chase that for you and pop back shortly with an update.
Sorry it's been going on so long.
oswalds
Grafter

Still no broadband Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It looks like the TPM order was delayed due to a faulty pair, we've been advised it should be completed tomorrow for you.
oswalds
Grafter

Here we go see if you can work this out.......
TPM order was delayed due to a faulty pair so they returned to replace the the faulty pair. Connection on all day until 14:01 when i drops for 4min. Plusnet informed at 14:12 Faulty pair replaced. No change to my line its now worse dropping again and low speeds. So by my count within 11 min BT replaced the faulty pair reconnected the line check the braodband and report to plusnet if was fixed all in 11min must be superman. Ask plusnet to confirm BT had made the repair as the info above did not confirm it was done. Was told Plusnet would never question BT as they said it was done so it was done. Line now well messed up and no way to repair without plusnet who don't listen. Refused a manger call back buy the plusnet faults team. No choice but to raise a complaint contact with plusnet and external companys as this is not what i want to pay for. Now looking for another provider as they can't do any worse than this.  Angry
Downstream 2,095 Kbps
Upstream 843 Kbps
Latency type Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up) 15.0 dB / 9.6 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 49.2 dB / 29.9 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 3.1 dBm / 1.2 dBm
oswalds
Grafter

Dropped again now look......I was getting a down of 4,800Kps before this fault
Downstream 1,624 Kbps
Upstream 903 Kbps
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Latency type Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up) 13.7 dB / 8.6 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 50.6 dB / 29.9 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 2.2 dBm / 1.3 dBm
BT Speed test
Download speedachieved during the test was - 876 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 800-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1624 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 903 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1250 Kbps

lexusuk
Grafter

Hi oswalds,
I have asked one of our faults team to investigate further for you as I can see your speed is fluctuating and your line is dropping out fairly regularly.  You will be contacted before the end of the day today.
markg140
Grafter

Quote from: oswalds
OK, just to clear up a few things, I build computers for a living and have used five diffrent computer and six diffrent routers which all drop. After 7 BT engineer i have had the master socket changed four times. A new line from the house to the pole. They switched the line from the pole to the box 3 times. Switch line from the box to the exchange 3 times. A lift and shift and type-m mod. But none of the engineers could find any fault. BT Hole sale confirmed a PPP fault which Plusnet needs to address. Plusnet do not deal with PPP issues.
In answer to other questions if this is just affecting me i do not know this is the reason for this post to try and find out?

Not trying to be demeaning here but if you build computers for a living I'm pretty sure you'd know that it's completely necessary to test 5 different PC's for an apparent PPP problem.
Plus who actually builds computers for a living these days ? Apart from Foxconn workers.
lexusuk
Grafter

@oswalds
I believe an engineer has been booked for Monday.  Let us know if you need anything else.
coolbr33ze
Grafter

I think i've got a case of Deja Vu here, it sure feels like TalkTalk in this post, Please tell me that Plusnet IS better than them or that i've not made a big mistake in joining.  Undecided