cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Sucks

oswalds
Grafter

Plusnet Sucks

Been with PLUSNET for 5 years and the service has gone way way down. My broadband has been dropping about 20+ a day since 1/4/11. After 7 BT engineers it turns out its a PPP issue with plusnet(which is what i have been saying all along) and still not fixed. Anyone else got the same problems?
jim:red All caps removed from title as per Forum rules mod:end
61 REPLIES 61
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Plusnet Sucks

You don't say if you've raised a ticket on this.
oswalds
Grafter

My Ticket was raised on 01/04/11 and then closed due to the being to long and the a new one opened again.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: oswalds
My broadband has been dropping about 20+ a day since 1/4/11. After 7 BT engineers it turns out its a PPP issue with plusnet ...

Frankly, if it has taken 7 BT engineers to get this far it's obviously very hard to pinpoint the cause of your problems and all you have now is the latest theory.  I don't think you will really know what your problem was until it has been rectified.   
oswalds
Grafter

Thanks for your comments, Great Help Sad
Every engineer has said it is a PPP fault with plusnet but plusnet keeps booking engineers which can NOT help. After 3 months still no further forward. Going to leave when i get my MAC CODE.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Off topic posts removed.
This is not Chit Chat
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

Hi oswalds
I fully sympathise with you on this. My experience of plusnets faults team is they have a very limited knowledge of how do deal with probelms. Anything that requires the slightest bit of expertise & the faults team become immediately out of their depth.
I will be on the phone to plusnet at 9am on Monday to get my MAC key as it is now clear to me unless you have a basic common fault plusnet are simply unable to fix it.
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

http://aaisp.net.uk/broadband.html
These guys guarantee to take on line problems and fix them!  Cheesy
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Every engineer has said it is a PPP fault with plusnet ...

So every Plusnet customer on your telephone exchange suffers the same fault, presumably?  Or do all Plusnet customers have the same fault?  I'm not an expert on PPP so maybe I'm completely wrong but I cannot see how a fault of this type could be specific to you. 
oswalds
Grafter

Every engineer that has been out here has said i have a PPP fault. Don't think i said anything about anyone else or you!!! Crazy
jim:quote
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

There's a lot of knowledge here if you want to get some good advice on what the problem might be and how to get it fxed. Wink
If you're not just here to complain (in which case it's the wrong thread anyway) how about posting some hard facts, router stats etc.?
And if the engineers all think it's a PPP fault, what evidence & logic have they given you to back that up?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Every engineer that has been out here has said i have a PPP fault. Don't think i said anything about anyone else or you

Oswalds, the point I was trying (but obviously failing) to make is:
either there is a fault that is specific to the equipment that serves you and you alone in which case it should be something that the BT engineers are capable of fixing
or it's some fault at the Plusnet end that affects only you
or it's a more widespread fault that affects every Plusnet customer on your telephone exchange at the very least.
I don't think anybody, yourself included, understands what the BT engineers meant by a "PPP fault" but what understanding I do have suggests to me that that is not something that could affect only you.
itsme
Grafter

As the OP is complaining of dropping connection 20+ times a day I'm assuming this is the sync to the exchange, if so this has nothing to do with PPP.
dougrice
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Oswalds, I had loads of problems with ADSL dropping out n 2006/2007. I sorted my bell wire and its been super ever since.
I captured the output of my Modem. On the Thomson TG585 v8 I am using "xdsl debug bitloadinginfo" It needs to be reasonably stable.
See: http://www.dougrice.plus.com/Erlangs/adsl_AppendixThomson.htm
On my Solwise 715, the noise on the bell wire meant that both ends could not maintain the "contract" they had worked out between themselves. The "contract" could nt be maintained and the connection dropped.
Could you capture any useful information about the PPP connection?

Doug
oswalds
Grafter

OK, just to clear up a few things, I build computers for a living and have used five diffrent computer and six diffrent routers which all drop. After 7 BT engineer i have had the master socket changed four times. A new line from the house to the pole. They switched the line from the pole to the box 3 times. Switch line from the box to the exchange 3 times. A lift and shift and type-m mod. But none of the engineers could find any fault. BT Hole sale confirmed a PPP fault which Plusnet needs to address. Plusnet do not deal with PPP issues.
In answer to other questions if this is just affecting me i do not know this is the reason for this post to try and find out?