Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Line Speed Lagging

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet Line Speed Lagging

Hi paulbay,
That can sometimes happen with a reset. I've just lifted ours to 2500k so you should see that increase soon. It normally reboots you from our end in about 15-30 minutes but if it doesn't you can select disconnect then connect from the router homepage. Wait for it to do it our end first though.
Jojo Smiley
paulbay
Grafter

I've just noticed on the router info that I am getting HUGE numbers of HEC errors. Is this a cause for concern? To be honest they seem so high I can hardly believe they are correct - shouldn't I be getting problems with that many errors? I'm wondering whether it's a glitch in the router stats.
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:40:03
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 2,880
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/MB]: 0.00 / 12.37
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 18.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 26.5 / 52.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 23.0 / 6.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 4 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 14 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 2,304
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 10
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 4,294,958,345
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi paulbay,
I wouldn't worry about that too much for now, lets see how the line settles down.
Jojo Smiley
paulbay
Grafter

OK thanks Jojo. I probably shouldn't look at these stats as they just worry me unnecessarily sometimes. The line seems to be performing fine so that's the main thing.
paulbay
Grafter

Had good stable line all weekend, although the SNR Margin was dropping down to 3 - 3.5 at times. The connection speed was 3360 or so so I had a profile of 2500. I did seem to be getting a lot of errors, but the line appeared to be running fine. However, at some time over Sunday night, something must have happened and I guess the router must have reconnected, this time with an SNR margin of 10db and a connection of 2500. I reconnected manually this a.m. and it is now 9db and 2752. I also noticed a HUGE no. of HEC errors this morning (cleared on the reconnect). I have no idea what happened overnight but presumably the 'system' has decided that my SNR margin should be 9 rather than 6? Hopefully it will remain stable now at this setting.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi paulbay,
Yes, it may have been too unstable at 6dB, but at least we know now. You did say you wanted it at 9 anyway Wink
Jojo Smiley