Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Broadband: Falling behind competitors

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Plusnet Broadband: Falling behind competitors

BTO are just a bit too 'removed' from the end customer and, it appears, they decide what's acceptable and have little real accountability.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: GJenkins
I don't think the extra cost is justified for me, since I only get around 1/8th of the speed. If they came and sorted out the 'poor quality line' then I would jump at the chance. I have no idea how openreach can get away with not replacing lines, if they sent out poor quality modems they would soon get replaced.. oh wait...
I agree its more technical and 'not as simple' but this is a company who solely exists to lay lines and get everyone connected, they are meant to be experts.

If you had fibre, the only piece of wire involved would be between the house and the box in the road - instead of the house and the exchange.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

chesterfield
Grafter

Although I rarely post on these forums now, I used to quite a bit some years ago.  Ive been a customer of Plusnets for about a decade now. Ive had my moments when Iv ranted and raved about something not being right - I remember visiting the PN offices with some customers a few years ago for a round table discussion with the PN staff (before the days of BT ownership).  Show me another ISP that has done that.
While Ive moaned about issues, and always thought the grass is greener on the other side - I adjusted my downloading habbits, and actually found that doing most of the downloading at night suits me fine.
Plus - and heres the big one for me...  Ive only ever recently posted here when Ive had a problem with my connection - and in the last couple of days Ive been reminded why I havent gone anywhere else.
The support.
To be called by somebody from the UK, who understands the problem, doesnt treat you like a number and has a friendly attitude, is worth more than going on an unlimited package with another supplier..  I have dealt with my fair share of call centres that are offshore, and while I am sure they may do a decent enough job for whatever company is employing them, "decent enough" is not a patch on what Ive just experienced.
My problem still persists.  Ive no idea if the engineer visit tomorrow will fix it, but Im already in a better mood than I would have been if some chap in an offshore centre with a name he picked out of a bucket** called me with that typical disinterested tone.  If it were a choice between unlimited products and UK based knowledgable staff, Ill pick the staff and download overnight thanks.
**  I used to work for a company that managed IT accounts for large corporates, and some of the helpdesks we offshored to Kuala Lumpur, and thats is exactly what they did - english boys names in one bucket, english girls names in another, and they made thos people pick a "telephone name",  How humiliating and ruddy degrading in my eyes.  I was glad I left such a company.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thank you for your very kind words Chris Smiley
BRABUS
Grafter

I have just read the post by chesterfield and I have also been with Plus Net now for 11 years (if you don't count the stupid move to Sky for 12 months - what a disater that was).  Anyway  I have to say I couldn't agree more.  I had a recent rant and rave but as always customer service is what keeps me here.  When it goes wrong they fix it and most importantly to me.....they say "sorry".  
The staff are brilliant and that is what keeps me with Plus Net.