cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connection and dire speed

Beckyyy

Losing connection and dire speed

We moved house in May, up until then our Plusnet speed had been decent and we'd not had any connection problems. Since moving our speed has been abslutely dire, my OH has had problems with gaming and I've noticed a huge difference in just bog standard web browsing.
More recently we've also started to lose connection an awful lot. We get an error message 'Your DSL connection is down.  Verify if your Thomson Gateway is correctly connected to your DSL line' There doesn't seem to be a pattern of when it happens, it's very erratic and happening more and more often. I tried to use the wireless on my mobile first thing this morning and got the error, I get it at least once a day if not more often on my laptop, and OH get it at the same time on his PC using a wired connection to the router. When it happens there doesn't seem to be a solution apart from waiting. Restarting computers and router seems to make no difference. Yesterday I just had to wait for an hour for it to decide to work again, which is fine for leisure use, but not when I need to use the internet for work.
If we didn't have to pay the moving house fee if we decided to change suppliers now, we probably would because I'm just fed up with how bad the service is at the moment.
We only moved 100ft away from our old house. Could anybody shed some light please?