cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.net slow to update BRAS Profile

SarcasticGuy1
Grafter

Plus.net slow to update BRAS Profile

Sorry to anyone that remembers me, I've complained about this before.
It just confuses me that when my connection remains stable long enough for me to move to a higher BRAS profile BT's speedtester.bt.com changes the BRAS profile after about 3 days. Plus.net are still displaying the old profile after 5!
Not that it really matters I guess, Plus.net's traffic shaping means I get rubbish speeds to most things most of the time I get to use my connection (i.e. the evening).
How easy is it to switch ISPs? I imagine it's swapping all the e-mails over from my Plus.net account that will take the time.
Has anyone switched to another ISP and then come back again because the grass wasn't greener?
What's the best way to find other ISPs that offer a decent service?
6 REPLIES 6
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Plus.net slow to update BRAS Profile

Quote from: SarcasticGuy1
What's the best way to find other ISPs that offer a decent service?

You could look to see if they offer a Help and Support Forum like this one.
calvinvsmith
Dabbler

A help and support forum is only as good as the quality of service it provides.
I'm about to leave PlusNet because the quality of support has deteriorated and the ethos has gone from
'Give the customer the best speed the line can support'
to
'Drop the speed to the least the customer will tolerate'
I say this after a fruitless battle trying to get my 20Mb ADSL2+ service to give me an acceptable increase over my 8Mb ADSL2 service.
I given up and moving to a LLU provider that doesn't apply throttling software that exists to cap my download speed.
James
Grafter

Good morning, I believe we spoke yesterday?
As I mentioned to you on the phone - I do believe that your service will improve now that the dropping connection fault you were experiencing, appears to have been fixed.
However, I do understand your reasons for wanting to try an LLU supplier, although it's worth bearing in mind that the grass is not always greener...
SarcasticGuy1
Grafter

I'm sort of glad I'm not the only one having problems.
Not that I want anyone else to have problems.
So any chance my BRAS profile will update any time soon? It's been 6 days now...
SarcasticGuy1
Grafter

7 days now.
Seriously can't someone give it a nudge?
I see Plus.net won an award for customer service support. Well judging by the number of complaints and the crap service they have to support i imagine they're a shoe-in for it!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi SarcasticGuy1,
Your profile on both our side and BTs side is showing as 2500 which is the same as the speed estimate for your line. What sort of speeds are you hoping for on there, and what was it set to prior to the fault? Unfortunately the earliest record I can see on BTs systems is from back in May this year (the profile's been moving between 2000 and 2500 since then).