Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Lost

FIXED
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Packet Lost

Has anyone from Plusnet got the same packet lost as the graph BQM on my parents line look like unhealthy in the last 24 hours. I will go over to their house later to do reboot router and see if this packet loss has gone away.

As I never seen anything like this before with those packet lost continue for 24 hours.

Plusnet Packet LostPlusnet Packet Lost

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Packet Lost

Fix

@goldenfibre wrote:

... anyone from Plusnet got the same packet lost as the graph BQM on my parents line look like unhealthy in the last 24 hours.

Looking at other peoples TBB BQM charts on  Plusnet Fibre/VDSL Ping Graphs  shows that it's not a widespread issue.

The packet loss doesn't change when the connection is in use (i.e. when the latency shown in yellow increases), so doesn't look to be traffic related,  also the loss doesn't change at different times of day - so is unlikely to be caused by interference or the weather.

I'm wondering if the hub itself has become less responsive to replying to ping requests ?  therefore thinking what might have changed, is it possible that the increased packet loss coincided with a recent router firmware update that other people on this forum have complained made their connection now slower than before ?

Maybe just doing a reboot will fix it.

Ian06
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Might be my imagination playing tricks, but it looks like the packet loss is spiking every 25 minutes or so (it looks unusually regular.)  Is there in the home that might be causing Interference?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

All sorted out! Just been reboot their router as the pocket lost has now disappear!

No Packet Loss.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that was an easy fix !

If it happens again, it might be worth setting up a VPN or configuring remote login on your parent's router, so you can reboot their router without you having to visit !

I had a VPN to my parent's router, which saved me many 'tech support' visits, it also allowed me to send them documents by printing to their network connected printer.

I'm glad you got it sorted anyway.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Or may just a quick text - switch it off, wait a minute, switch it on.

But come on, be nice, visit more often 😎

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Thanks all, but I only within few distance walk away from my parents as we live each others very close. Only two minutes walk. lol.