Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now Completely Fed Up With Plusnet!!!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Re: Now Completely Fed Up With Plusnet!!!

Lodge01,
I would suggest the reason for no engineer visit is that given all of the information you have provided there does not appear to be an issue between your router and the exchange.
I'm wondering if changing the connection in the exchange (lift & shift or TPE) on to a completely different card / DSLAM (if available) might be a pragmatic way forward?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Lodge01
Quote from: Townman
Hi,
I'm guessing that the router stats are before the BTw speed test?
Would be interesting to know what the error counts looked like after the speed test.

Time up seems a little short for proper comparison; any one think not?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

May be.  However I was working on the logic of "if given the good synch speed, SNRM and profiles being correct, that the poor transfer speed could only have a 'local cause' if a high level of retransmission was required".  Such a (local) retransmission would be reflected in the error counts arising from performing the speed test.
...as I write this, IIRC the DSLAM does not buffer, so would I be correct in concluding that an unreadable packet (CRC error) requires a full end to end retransmission, rather than just a retransmission from the DSLAM?
@Lodge01,
Have you got / can you setup a Think Broadband BQM graph please and add it to your signature.  If you need help, please PM me.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@'Lodge01 - has at any time in this saga, your connection been reset to put your line into a new 10 day line training period ?
If it has, then fair enough, I must have missed reading about it.
If it hasn't then I wonder if worth asking Plusnet to place an order for a LINE RESET,  
as it is not unknown for the old 20CN exchanges to get stuck in some indeterminate faulty state which then magically clears after a reset.
In the absence of any better ideas on how to fix this, a LINE RESET is probably worth a try anyway because it requires very little effort, and if it fixes the problem then you won't need to be wasting any time with engineer visits - although it would be best to not be rebooting your router during the training period.
Lodge01
Grafter

@ Purleigh
As far as I could tell from the vague phone conversation I had with a faults agent the other day - no reset has been performed. Or is likely to be, unless the fault is detected &/or repaired.
Have not been able to reply sooner, connection has been pretty hopeless!!!
@ PLUSNET
I haven't received any updates on my situation. Far as I can tell from tickets, issue is constantly on & off hold.
Have tried phoning for information, but line was not good my end, & was told very little about anything. Other than your system was down again.
The timescale of response & information provided from fault tickets is ludicrous & insulting.
This really should be resolved by now!!!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Lodge01
Really sorry we haven't responded on here for a while to you, I'll get one of the team to pick this up today.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've taken a look into this and have seen that your exchange is currently a hot VP; current capacity issues. We've not been given a repair time for this at present so I have requested to see if and when this will happen.
Sorry this has dragged out for you, I'll do my utmost to get this resolved for you in a very timely manner. I'll keep you posted with any updates.
MikeL28

I join you as I've also been badly let down by Plusnet.
I ordered an upgrade from ADSL to Fibre on 14th April and was given a date of 24th for Install; when contracted engineer arrived, mission aborted as no Fibre-Router had been sent to me. This was followed by complete silence from Plusnet.
When I chased on the 1st May it seemed that it hadn't been ordered!
I received the Router on the 3rd May, postmarked 2nd May from BT.
Install was organised and confirmed for today 9th May (08.00 - 13-00). When I phoned to find out why 'No Show', I was told that OpenReach said the order was never confirmed to them. !!**!! Offered a new date for the 23rd May - another two weeks! I've said "Not good enough" and asked for escalation. At this time, I live in hope. //
@ Lodge01 - I hope you get some satisfaction soon. I've been recommending Plusnet to my clients since Metronet days . It seems to me that something has gone quite badly amiss within the organisation; possibly because they're offering such a low price for ADSL that they simply can't cope with the number of cuistomers they now have. I think that end-users need to be made aware that there is a trade-off between 'low price' and 'good service'. The unbearable truth is that you can't have both - and if PN continue to promote themselves as potentially "The best broadband provider" they run the risk of breaching the Sale of Goods Act.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As I've posted elsewhere the engineer was a muppet - there was no reason for the installation not to be completed without the router.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Lodge01
Grafter

@ Chris Purvey
Well, I must admit now you've finally taken situation within your own hands - I am indeed slightly more confident that there might be a near resolution to this ridiculous saga!
Thank you!

@ MikeL28
Thanks! I hope the same for yourself also!
I personally feel the issue is with the fault ticket system, how information appears to be correlated, how many agents deal with the same fault (Too Many Cooks Scenario). Hence, resulting in a lack of initiative being taken, poor communication, & the expected positive results between all parties being unnecessarily drawn-out.
Perhaps I could be wrong, but I can only comment from personal experience & own insight as a now long time frustrated customer.
Either way, there appears to be a failure in not allowing just one person to take the helm of a persistent issue. A definite absence in connecting all the dots & seeing the bigger picture!
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

I wonder, are the reps' work measured for through-put? Having worked in public departments where effectiveness in clearance rates was how one was assessed, I know the results! Easy cases were ?dealt with! The difficult ones were shunted by pressing a key, that they had been "reviewed".
I sincerely hope not!
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Some work is being carried out on your exchange overnight tonight, so it would be good to see if there's any difference for you tomorrow.
peterx666

I would not hold your breath re tech support
I have had slow broadband for ages - two techies had a go and said nothing wrong 
Slow      slow
slow
pete
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pete,
Sorry to see you're experiencing slower speeds. I've checked your line and can't see any issues, what speed test result do you get? - http://speedtest.btwholesale.com
themadame

Hi.  I posted about 10 days ago complaining of disconnects/ wi fi cold spots as soon as I switched over to Plusnet and it's Technicolor router. 
Well, to cut a short story even shorter, to limit frustration on my part,  I bought/installed a new £30  TP Link modem router (nothing special) and I am again a happy bunny.
Web pages are again loading first time around and usually quickly, even in the lounge where the plusnet router was sooooooo dodgey and frequently impossible to get signals.
My point is: the Plusnet router is either defective or not very good.  Can I get refunded the £6 I paid for the postage to receive it?