cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

HannahD1

No internet

Around 2pm yesterday our internet completely stopped working and the hub light had turned orange. I’ve logged into the hub manager and it was showing disconnected, it allowed me to connect which turned the hub light from orange to blue but there was no internet.

We've tried various resets and also followed the instructions found on here around advanced settings and updating the system log in details for my username.

Now when I try to reconnect nothing happens, it just reloads the same screen showing disconnected. It’s the correct log in details (if I do enter the wrong ones it loads a different screen to tell me) so am a bit lost now! I’ve also tried updating the password to see if that makes a difference but it hasn’t 

attached a few screenshots if that helps!

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: No internet

@HannahD1  Welcome to the forum.

Have you got a working phone? If not then report a phone fault as this will be the cause of no Internet. If that’s working then report a broadband fault.

You can do it on line https://faults.plus.net or

For a problem with your home phone,

Text PHONE followed by your landline number to 07800008121.
e.g. PHONE 01234567891
(charge may apply at your standard rate)

• We'll run tests on your connection to find out what’s going on
  • If you need an engineer, we’ll text you in 15 mins to book a slot
  • If you don't need an engineer, our award-winning UK based support team will aim to call you within 30 mins to help sort the problem, though we're really busy at the moment, so this may be a little longer.
  • Service available Mon-Sun: 8am to 8pm
  • Outside of these hours please see our Help and Support guides, and if you’re still having trouble we’ll pick up your message when we’re open

For a problem with your broadband,

Text HELP followed by your landline number to 07800008121.
e.g. HELP 01234567891
(charges may apply at your standard rate)

• We’ll run tests on your connection to find out what’s going on
  • If you need an engineer, we’ll text you in 15 mins to book a slot
  • If you don't need an engineer, our award-winning UK based support team will aim to call you within 30 mins to help sort the problem, though we're really busy at the moment, so this may be a little longer. 
  • Service available Mon-Sun: 8am to 8pm 
  • Outside of these hours please see our Help and Support guides, and if you’re still having trouble we’ll pick up your message when we’re open

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

HannahD1

Hiya

Thanks so much for the reply! I’m not sure we still have a landline phone we can check with but I’ll see what I can dig out!

Thanks again
HannahD1

Hey @Baldrick1 

Just a quick question, any idea how long it usually takes for the bot to respond after it resetting the hub? I sent the 'REFRESH' reply about an hour ago and not had anything back - not sure if I'm being impatient or it didn't go through correctly!

Thanks

Hannah

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@HannahD1 

I don't know about the bot, I have never used it. However I am guessing that all it does initially is reset the hub. You can do this yourself by pushing a paperclip or similar in the reset hole in the back of the hub, keep the switch closed for at least 20 seconds. The colours should start on green, go through orange and go to blue when it is connected and working. If this will fix it then it will get you back on line within 10 minutes.  My guess is that it has not worked.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'