cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user - regular outages

karlldn
Hooked

New user - regular outages

Hi Team - I went online with PN on the 5th of April.
One of the reasons of the switch was because my previous broadband with BT was not reliable anymore with regular outages after a big outage sometime at the end of January (before that, I never faced any issues for over a year).
Now I know that the line takes 10 or so days to settle but I am afraid I still have the same issues of regular outages (I have been disconnected at least twice today and as of now it's been almost an hour with no broadband).
Can someone please test my line? It's getting a bit too much while WFH. I don't have a phone to test noise on my line and a Hub issue can be ruled out I guess.
Cheers

9 REPLIES 9
karlldn
Hooked

Re: New user - regular outages

To add to the above, I am getting disconnected every single day, sometimes just for a few minutes but today was for a good 1 hour. Basically, the Hub 2 lights would switch to amber

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@karlldn Welcome to the forums. On FTTC, that '10 day training' is a bit of a myth. Is the Username on the Hub yours, or 'setup@plusdsl.net'?

A phone (~£10.00 at places like Argos) is an essential piece of test equipment on ADSL/FTTC connections. Apart from the username consideration I mentioned above, I too would doubt a Hub issue.

John
karlldn
Hooked

@jab1 Thank you. I will look into buying a cordless phone. This is my first time having my own broadband as it was through my landlord before with BT while I was facing the same issues for the last 3 months or so.
My technical knowledge is a bit limited especially with the infrastructure in the UK but something must have happened after that major outage in my area in January.

jab1
Legend

OK - although I wouldn't buy a cordless phone, but a corded one, especially if you don't normally use one.This is an example: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3924358?clickSR=slp:term:corded%20telephone:6:67:1 . Where are you from originally - only curious, but it may help if PN Help Team don't pick this up and we have to go further down the self-help route.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry that you're having connection issues. I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues, though I am able to see the intermittent drops. Based on what you've said that you've had problems with BT since an outage, I'd like to arrange an Openreach engineer to take a closer look.

Could you drop me a reply onto the fault ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit? If you can post back when you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as possible.

I've also picked up on the issue you've told us about Here about the duplicate landline number. I've raised that off to our systems support team to take a closer look, and I'll check back a week today on the progress. 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
karlldn
Hooked

Thanks for picking this up @Gandalf

I replied on the ticket.

As @jab1 suggested, I got a corded phone and did the line test. There was no noise at all.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot @karlldn I can see the engineer has been booked to come out and see you this afternoon so I hope they can get this resolved for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
karlldn
Hooked

Engineer came in, tested my line and no faults were detected, everything looked good.
He did a reset on my fibre port and replaced my master socket. Not sure if that will help but fingers crossed.
Advised to wait 10 days and see if things improve.

Thanks for everyone who helped with this!

jab1
Legend

@karlldn Report back on Monday, whether there is any, or no, improvement. Sounds like the engineer didn't do much, to be honest, but maybe his work was sufficient.

John