cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PlusNet - Router not online

megsch

New to PlusNet - Router not online

Hi, I had my router and phone line set up by the Openreach engineer yesterday morning. I was told my broadband would be online by midnight last night, but as of 5:30pm today, it still isn't working and the router is showing an orange light with a red broadband symbol. I'm wondering if this is an issue, or if it's just that my internet hasn't been connected yet? 

I'm also concerned that despite paying £75 on the 18th August, I'm being asked to pay another £22 on Friday, for a service I haven't even had access to yet. 

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: New to PlusNet - Router not online

@megsch Welcome to the forums. Have you had an email or text from Plusnet to advise you that the broadband order has completed? Does the phone work?

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: New to PlusNet - Router not online

Good morning @megsch

Thanks for reaching out. I've just had a look into the account and can see that whole the order itself completed on 31/08/2021, the component didn't activate on our end until the following day - looks like it had to be done manually. In regards to your billing, the fee that you paid up front puts the account in credit, so you won't actually be billed again until 30 days after the account goes live.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds