cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Help or Advice

BenG
Grafter

Need Some Help or Advice

Hello, I am a plusnet customer and wondering if someone can help me out with a problum.
The other week I asked about Usenet service. that I found people on here were happy to help and tell me what it was about. Anyway I been using the newreader, on the main portal, but I made the mistake of using my email address, after this I recived some spam, Not a lot but the odd few. I feel so stupid now for posting my email.
Is there any way I can have the post I made removed, or remove the email out. As I do not really want to have bulk loads of email if it flying around loads of newsservers. sorry about asking this.
anyway thanks for takeing the time to read.
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Need Some Help or Advice

AFAIK, there's no way to remove this. It could be removed from our servers but due to the nature of Usenet the post will already have propagated to all the other Usenet servers.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

BenG
Grafter

Thanks for your replay Bob, Yer I was not sure if it chould be removed, that why I thought I may ask, but even if it can be removed from the plusnet server, that still make me feel a little better, ask I was getting a little worried about my email been there, cos I use it a lot.
MickKi
Grafter

With time spam *should* reduce as the harvested lists of spammers are replenished.  Meanwhile, you can start using <yourname>@nomail.afraid.org which is meant to be used for this purpose.
BenG
Grafter

Thanks for the replay and hint MickKi ,
sorry for not replying sooner but my computer went down the other day.
anyway thanks for eveyone for your help.