Did you mean: 

My upload speed is below the minimum

FIXED
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: My upload speed is below the minimum

Ah, sorry for the confusion I am that Samantha, it's just everyone calls me Sammy (otherwise I get childhood flash backs of being scolded when my full name is used Smiley

I will pick up the ticket and book in that appointment for you now. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Madeleyite
Rising Star
Fixes: 5

Results of Openreach engineer visit today: - She found zero line faults anywhere all the way back to the exchange thereby eliminating the line as the culprit. She replaced the Master Socket filter plate as a precaution and all Network Adapter drivers are up-to-date so I am wondering if it could be a fault with the Hub One itself? If you compare the Helpdesk lines 6 and 7 figures you can see a 22.8% reduction in data rate between 14th January and 6th July. Any thoughts anyone?

14 Jan 2022.jpg6 July 2022.jpg

Madeleyite
Rising Star

Just to close this thread: -

Plusnet concluded "In regards to the loss on the upstream speeds, please note that we do not guarantee a minimum upload speed and testing on this can be affected by the device you're testing with." and also "there is no performance fault identified that would lead the router to be considered faulty".

This doesn't definitely answer the steady decline in upload speed so I just hope the decline has stopped at 7.4 Mbps.

Thanks for all input. I'll call this solved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fingers crossed your speed doesn't drop further but let us know if you do have issues and we'll be happy to help again.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I note that there is a 10% increase in US line attenuation.  I suspect that has some contribution to different US sync speed which is being.  What might give rise to the observed change in line attenuation is not within my expertise.  Possibly one for @198kHz 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Madeleyite
Rising Star

Fix

Since upgrading to Windows 11 version 22H2 on 7th October 2022 my upload speed has returned to what it was on 3rd February 2022. See photo.

I had upgraded to Windows 11 v21H2 on 5th February 2022 so this suggests that Windows 11 v21H2 was the culprit.

Has anyone else noticed speed increases since this upgrade?

Seems to be sorted now but I'll continue to monitor it.

Madeleyite
Rising Star

My upload speed seems to have fixed itself

The purpose of this thread is to update my old thread here: -

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/My-upload-speed-is-below-the-minimum/m-p/1879235/highlight/f...

I have been unable to track/pinpoint what was causing the declining upload speed but upgrading my Windows 11 OS from v21H2 to 22H2 seems to have fixed it.

Fingers crossed things stay okay from now on.

Down Up Speeds.jpg

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from seperate topic