Did you mean: 

My upload speed is below the minimum

FIXED
Madeleyite
Rising Star
Fixes: 5

My upload speed is below the minimum

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.3 | Last updated 02/12/21

1st December 2021 - I switched to Plusnet’s 18 months ‘Unlimited Fibre’ deal and had general speed issues until this was fixed on: -

15th January 2022 - When Openreach engineer install new internal wiring and a new BT Filter plate Master socket.

Since then the download speeds have remained stable at around 37 Mbps but the upload speed has been declining. It was around 9Mbps but several times now it has been below the minimum 8Mbps I was told I would get. See following: -

1st April 2022 it was 7.93 Mbps

23rd May 2022 it was 7.69 Mbps

6th June 2022 it was 7.60 Mbps

23rd June 2022 it was 7.43 Mbps

Is there anything that Plusnet can fix at their end please?

See photo for Helpdesk figures

6 to 10.jpg

21 REPLIES 21
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: My upload speed is below the minimum

Hi there, I'm really sorry that upload speeds ae vey slow for you at the moment. I just been running some tests on your line which don't point towards any obvious causes for the issue so it would be best if you can try following the checks shown here as your next step: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

Please let me know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Madeleyite
Rising Star

Thanks for your reply. I am now able to reply to posts so here goes: -

a) I carried out a quiet line test and the line is silent.

b) The hub is plugged directly into a twin socket Openreach MK4 Master Socket 5C.

c) I am using an ethernet cable connection, not Wi-Fi.

Nothing has changed here since the socket was installed new on 15th January and I was wondering if there is a setting at Plusnet's end that is causing it?

Twin Master Socket Dining Room.jpg

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for giving that a try. There's nothing obvious on our side that could be causing the issue so it would be best for us to arrange an engineer visit as the next step.

Can you reply with two or three timeslots when you'll be free for a visit? They'll be available in 2 hour timeslots any day, starting from 8am and finishing at 6pm. For example 8am while 10am, 10am while 12pm, 12pm while 2pm and so forth until 6pm.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Madeleyite
Rising Star

Thanks. Suitable slots are 10am to 12pm, 12pm to 2pm and 2pm to 4pm

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers, I've booked that in for you for the 10-12 slot on Wednesday and I'll make sure we follow things up with you after the visit.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Madeleyite
Rising Star

Unfortunately Wednesday is unsuitable. Any other day from 1st July please?

Madeleyite
Rising Star

The Qube engineer visited this morning and confirmed the cabling and Master socket were new and he hard wired his laptop into my Plusnet Hub One. His speed test checks confirmed the slow upload speed issue. He got only 5.3 Mbps upload speed over several tests. He said it was unlikely to be an internal issue. The problem is getting worse. See photos: -

Qube Engineer test 29th June 2022 (1).jpgQube Engineer test 29th June 2022 (2).jpg

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the update, sorry that's still an issue and at least we've been able to rule out some of the more obvious causes. It would be best if we get an Openreach engineer to come out next. Can you let me know if you're available in one of the following slots which we can book in Monday to Friday?

AM - 08:00 to 13:00

PM - 13:00 to 18:00

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Madeleyite
Rising Star

Thank you.

08:00 to 13:00 would be okay but not Thursday 7th July.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I note that you have a 5C master socket with a Mk4 faceplate. It's not unknown for the faceplate to be faulty. Did the Qube engineer unclip the faceplate and test the sync speed from the test socket using a filter to see if there was any improvement ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Madeleyite
Rising Star

No, the Qube engineer simply plugged his laptop into my Plusnet Hub One.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

I'm really sorry this is still ongoing @Madeleyite and I can appreciate the hassle it is causing. 

The next step would be for us to book an Openreach engineer to see if they can determine what is causing the drop in upload speed. 

Can you add your availability here and let me know on this thread so that I can pick this up for you. 

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Madeleyite
Rising Star

Thank you for your reply but I believe there is a cross-over (left-hand/right-hand) situation happening here.

An official "question" has been raised and is currently being processed by a 'Samantha Millar'. I expect to hear of an Openreach engineer visit soon. I could post the "Question" reference but is that safe to do so here on this open environment?

Madeleyite
Rising Star

FYI - Today I tried a different Cat 5E ethernet cable between PC and hub but speed was no better.