cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SSIDs

kenb
Dabbler

Multiple SSIDs

Documentation relating to the Thomson TG585v8 router indicates it can support up to 4 SSIDs.  However, I can not find any information on how to configure more than one.  Can anybody help and provide me with details on how to configure multiple SSIDs on the router.
Thanks
Ken
4 REPLIES 4
itsme
Grafter

Re: Multiple SSIDs

As multiple SSID's are normally Virtual SSID's not all devices connecting to them will like them so be prepared to have have problems.
kenb
Dabbler

I'm quite happy to try and resolve any problems that might occur as I come across them, after all that's part of the fun of doing things, but first of all I need to solve the problem of configuring  more than one SSID
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The data sheets say the TG585 supports up to 4 virtual SSIDs, however if these are configurable via the web interface it is well hidden.  Roll_eyes
So configuration probably has to be done via command line access (telnet).
I assume the relevant commands are those under wireless mssid. Typing just that will probably list the current configuration and provide a clue to alternatives.
Hope this helps to give you a start.
David
kenb
Dabbler

Thanks spraxyt,  as you suggested I have found it via the telnet interface. 
Also once you have created an additional ssid context and attached it, it is visible in the web interface and can be manipulated in the same way as the original ssid.
Cheers
Ken