Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listening to music is become difficult.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Listening to music is become difficult.

Hi
I'm sure you're going to say something like its a package not designed for that sort of thing.. despite it being a 5-6mb connection that can adequately supply it but I'm having a lot of trouble listening to music from di.fm. I mean a LOT. I'll get a few seconds, then it will stop, buffer for another 30 seconds and then play a few seconds.
It keeps going on and on and on like this and frankly its making my life a misery.
This is BROADBAND .. you know.. where data is supposed to be faster than dialup. I can listen to these stations on dialup so please is it possible to have just a little more bandwidth?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
8 REPLIES 8
itsme
Grafter

Re: Listening to music is become difficult.

I got an internet radio connected by WiFi and I was having similar problems a few months ago but the problem was with the WiFi connection and not with BB.
7up
Community Veteran

Well the computer listening to it is using a usb modem originally supplied by PN many moons ago due the phone line keep killing any router i provide..
Raising a ticket is pointless as they never bother to read them, act on them etc.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
It sounds like it may be being misclassified on the traffic management system. I'll try a stream this weekend and see if I can replicate the issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
7up
Community Veteran

Any news Chris?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I tried a couple of streams, they played fine. What time of day where you listening at?
I'll also try and wireshark next time, was having some issues with my home PC when trying over the weekend.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
7up
Community Veteran

Afternoon time ish. I gave up in the end and tried some of the stations in WMP.. similar thing but they did eventually play but were very slow initially to build up the buffer.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Could be that your modem can't handle the streams, if it is that old. I seem to recall some not being able to handle ADSL Max for example, which is the up to 8meg product.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
7up
Community Veteran

Actually that could be a possibility adiewoo since I don't recall having streaming problems when using a router before BT killed 6 of them with a line fault.
I'll have to look into that.