Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving (Really this time)

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Leaving (Really this time)

James - who do we contact when you are (regrettably) gone?
Will there be anyone who knows the answers to all questions and can solve all problems?  Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

James
Grafter

Re:Leaving (Really this time)

I'm not the only person that works on this team Wink 
Mand, Bob, Chris and Matt will be more than happy to help out and will of course be spending more time on the forums once I've stopped hogging them all to myself Smiley
Simon_M
Grafter

When Ian Wild left (the first time round), I thought that the end of the (Plusnet) world was nigh. Ian left a pretty big pair of shoes to be filled on the customer relations front.
Then James stepped into those shoes & stretched them bigger.
It's not going to be an easy act to follow, but Ian & James have shown how customer relations, properly managed, can generate enormous loyalty. Anyone now taking on the role has only to follow their example, no doubt putting their own unique stamp on it, to build on the legacy these two have built. It will be a credit to their groundwork if Plusnet staff, current & future, continue the good work, as we know the rest of team already do (some have already been at it for longer than James has!)
I would endorse everything that has been said & in particular single out James's unfailing patience & politeness in the face of severe provocation, together with his willingness & 'can do' attitude to find a solution to a customer's problem.
All the best for the future, James. I wish you every success.
P.S. Someone ask Liam if he's got fed up of worms yet - there might be a job opening soon!
Mark
Grafter

Hard to follow whats already been said and the just recognition you absolutely deserve.
From customer to line manager and friend its been a journey. You and Ian were responsible for making my mind up to join PN. You've delivered outstanding results pal and the testimonials from the customer base is unsurpassed in Plusnet history.
Good luck for the future, I know you'll totally nail it and I'll certainly miss you as will we all.
I hear you're buying the first round on Friday blondie  Tongue
csogilvie
Grafter

I can't say more than what Mark has already said to be honest... you'll certainly be missed at Plusnet.
Quote from: Mark

Hmm, maybe I should try and make it up there then... although I doubt the first round would be long gone by the time I arrived Smiley
barquerole
Grafter

Quote from: Simon
Then James stepped into those shoes & stretched them bigger.

I thought James brought his own pink trainers Grin
All the best to you James. You showed Plusnet what customer should be.
Simon_M
Grafter

Quote from: cso
Quote from: Mark

Hmm, maybe I should try and make it up there then...

It did cross my mind to gatecrash, although I'd be perfectly happy to buy James a pint, rather than the other way round.
You are quite safe though, I have to head off in the opposite direction on Friday for a p**s up working weekend with colleagues in Dorset. 
James
Grafter

What Mark's not twigged onto yet, is that I've said that the first person to say hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia in the right context in the pub, without stuttering, gets a free beer Grin
With his accent I'll have no idea if he's said it properly or not, so he has to buy his own (and mine) Smiley
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Jameseh,
Just let us all know:
Who is going to be trained to kick the profile update box in just the right place once you're gone
Sincerely, all the very best in your new ventures.  I'm sure you will shine wherever you go.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Just back from holiday, to find that as well as all the other bad news in the UK, the PN firmament is to lose its brightest star.  Sad
Pleased to hear, though, that you're making what sounds like a great career move, James.  Cool  Smiley
Thanks for being a fantastic ambassador for PN, and all the best for the future.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
paulrwselby
Dabbler

James,
May I wish you all the best in your new venture, I am sure you will do well and enjoy the challenge.
Thanks again for the help and voice of calm reason over the years.
Paul.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Good luck with the new job  Cheesy  I have only been a member a very short time but you have been a great help to me !
Heloman
Grafter

Being an oldie I'm much more at home on Newsgroups rather than these unwieldy Forums, so I only visit here occasionally.
But when I have, James has been a great help. Many thanks and best wishes, James.
On the Plusnet Ngs the only regular "staffer" is Bob Pullen, and I see he has now become a regular here. May I assure everyone that Bob is very much of the same mould as James!
Bob, you are invaluable and the only regular left on usenet, after Mand and the others gave up some time ago. Please don't desert us there
Sad
puddy
Grafter

If I ask your boss to double your pay packet will you stay?
Why can Plusnet retain their good staff?
Good luck for the future and thanks for all your help over the years
I have been with Plusnet/F9 since the very first morning it went live  your help has stopped me from asking for a mac number many times
Enjoy your new job
Kind Regards
Puddy
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well James,
as Barry said, where to start. I'm stunned Cry
Although I of course knew this was the sort of role you wanted to do, and about the real lack of opportunities in this field at PN,  I suppose it's because I wasn't expecting it, having not long returned from a couple of weeks away and only just getting back into the boards.
I may not have been around this Forum as long as some of the others, but in the time I have been here, the amount of help I've seen you give to others has certainly been above and beyond the call of duty, PN have a lot to thank you for in preserving their reputation on many occasions and the rest of the Comms team will have a lot to live upto to try and step into your shoes (I wish them luck  Wink ). I would also hope that should you ever want to come back to PN, they will grab you with open arms.
Not only for the help you've given to others, but for the help you've given me when I've wanted it (as trivial as most of my needs may have been) you deserve every compliment and good wish you've been given in this thread and I can only echo those things.
For me, not only when I've been helping others, you've helped make that time not just more enjoyable, but fun, and there are times when I've had so many laughs and some of the best ones in a while, and some of the most enjoyable banter in PM's / MSN, it is going to be like losing a friend not having you round here.
James, you know where I am, whenever you are next passing this neck of the woods, you are more than welcome to give me a shout at anytime.
I wish you every success, the best of luck and good fortune in your future.
Chris.