cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet off

Garyhems
Hooked

Internet off

Dear plusnet my modem has been flashing orange since thurs 2nd march (its sat 4th now) and I have tried all the suggestions online help advised.
This happened in December last year and its getting beyond an annoyance.
The answer I got last time was an engineer may need to come out , but as I'm on disability benefits and vulnerable I'm worried of the cost of that.
Please help me
Regards

<Redacted>

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

16 REPLIES 16
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 78

Re: Internet off

Hi @Garyhems welcome to the forum.

A flashing orange light suggests there is an issue with the broadband signal to your property, if you have a landline phone do you still get a dial tone?

Next would be to check the landline phone for noise, using a cabled phone dial 17070 option two, the line should be clear of noise. If it isn't, report a phone fault - https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/#phone 

Otherwise report a broadband fault - https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband 

There is no cost to have your issue fixed as it's covered by the contract you have with plusnet.

This link https://www.plus.net/help/legal/accessibility/ might be of help to you

Dan

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 28

Hi @Garyhems 

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection, I've had a look into your account and an engineer is booked in for Monday between 8AM & 1PM, don't worry about any costs related to the engineer, we don't charge for fault engineers.

What I'm going to do is keep your account to one side and then check with you on Tuesday once I'm back in work, to make sure everything is ok. 

You've mentioned above you're vulnerable but this isn't noted on your account, what you can do is fill out the Additional Support Form, this will note on the account what more we can do for you and maybe certain things we shouldn't ask you to do. It's all there to help you out as much as possible. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Garyhems
Hooked

Thank you for quick response. I hope it all gets sorted Monday.
Thanks
Gary
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry I missed you today @Garyhems, I tried to call but was unable to reach you. I was calling to see if you did manage to get a time arranged so access could be provided to the cupboard where the line plant is? 

If you haven't just yet, don't worry just get back to me once you're ready to re-appoint. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Garyhems
Hooked

Sorry I was at a hospital appointment most of day.
At present I have contacted my housing association but zm waiting for a reply.
I only need a key or someone to come unlock door. I hope this matter won't be forgotten if it takes several days?
I guess it's me who's without Internet so they won't be bothered.
Thank you for checking up on me
Regards
Gary
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not to worry at all, I've got your ticket in my personal workflow so I'll be checking back in every few days if I don't hear anything. I hope they get back to you soon so we can get this sorted for you Smiley 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Garyhems
Hooked

I have just had the guy from my housing on phone (karbon) and he isn't being too helpful!
He's only willing to come out with key to the door at specific times and days.. he said he won't hang about for hrs waiting (I.e. am appointment) and thinks I can book engineer for certain time, 9amm /10am etc. He won't leave the key or door open and come back later so I'm stressing yhis won't get sorted.
Not only yhe cost I'm paying per month on my disability benefit, but the stress it's causing me as Internet was main form of communication with family and medical help. My mobile is old and not reliable for this.
Plus I think he said he isn't available till nxt thurs or Fri first thing in morning.
It's getting too much this for me.
Sorry
Gary
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It sounds like a right nightmare for you, what I can do for as this is an extraordinary circumstance is book an appointment in for a 2 hour slot. The only ones we have is for 10am - 12pm next Thurs & Fri. As they're rare slots, they might not be available for long, I just want to make you aware of that 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Garyhems
Hooked

I have let him know so hope he can confirm one of those days is ok
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just let us know once you do then I'll get one of them booked in for you Smiley 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Garyhems
Hooked

Hi, can I book one of those 10-12 slots please. His reply is still not helpful. I'll paste below so you know what I'm dealing with.....

'Well I suppose you could book a day with them give them my number and the engineer could ring me when he is on his way '
That is how awkward he is.
But I'll leave his number here anyway.

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

Let me know if spot still open please
Gary

Garyhems
Hooked

Hi. I sent a reply to you an hour ago but it seems it hasn't come on here.
So I'm posting again.
I have been on with housing bloke and he sent me the following message.......

'Well I suppose you could book a day with them give them my number and the engineer could ring me when he is on his way'

This is what I'm putting up with.
But can you book the 10-12 slot for Thurs nxt week please? And as I said I would here is his mobile.
<redacted>
I hope you can help.
Regards
Gary.

Moderators Note: Released from automatic spam filter. Personal information removed bur still visible to Plusnet. Fix removed. Duplicates removed.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hey there Gary, I am notifying Curtis and he will get back to you about this in the morning. I am sorry about all this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Afternoon Gary! 

Thank you for getting back to me, I've got the engineer booked in between 10AM & 12PM on 16/03/23. I've also included in the engineer notes for them to give the housing association contact a call before their arrival so everyone can be on site at same time.

I'll hold the ticket on the account until 3:00PM for the 16th and check back in to see what's happened and follow up with you. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team