Did you mean: 

Intermittent disconnect

FIXED
Afran
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Intermittent disconnect

Hi,

The last few days my internet is disconneting quite a bit, around 1-2 times a day. Before this, I haven't had issues in years. I've recently order a new contract, and want to make sure everything is stable so I don't reregret that, also it's over a month until that kicks in.

Please check my line.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Intermittent disconnect

@Afran Are you actually on Full fibre, or FTTC?

John
jab1
Legend

If you are on FTTC, as I suspect, follow the below :

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

John
Afran
Rising Star

Hi jab1, yeah I'm on FTTC currently.

I ran that check and it's silent for about 30 seconds before an endless beep, which I assume means end of test so all good there.

I'll report the problem on your link thanks.

jab1
Legend

You say 'It is silent for about 30 seconds' - no 'Quiet Line Test' announcement then?

John
Afran
Rising Star

Asks me to press 2 for the silent test, makes a noise then silence for around 30 seconds. Following that, about 1 minute of beeping and then the typical hang-up noise of clicking. When is it supposed to announce something? Or did you just mean the request to press 2.

jab1
Legend

It should announce you phone number, and then run continuously, with a 'Quiet Line Test' announcement -only - about every thirty seconds - your description sounds as though the 'voice' circuit on your line is borked.

John
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @Afran

I'm really sorry you are having an issue with your connection, I know what a hassle this can be with the dropping and buffering. 

We’re quite chocka right now, so it’s taking a little longer than I’d usually like to get back to customers and I'm sorry about that.

I have had a look at your connection and nothing is flagging up as a potential issue. 

I can see some drops in connection and I have added a picture below. Are these the drops you are seeing?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Afran
Rising Star

Hi @SammyM 

No worries about the delay. Yeah, I believe those disconnects line up with what I've experienced. I refreshed my connection via the text bot - is that the same as restarting my router or does that do something else? I've not yet lost connection since but I'll keep an eye on it, I ask because if it's the same as a router restart then that won't have fixed it as done that a few times myself.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to Broadband

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Afran
Rising Star

Fix

Still disconnecting. I'll try a different router (a relatively new unused Plusnet hub one) and report back.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Ta Afran, with the timing of the drops it will be hard for an engineer to pin point the cause so I would like to rule everything else out first. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Seems that your perception of drops and those showed by the visual RADIUS plot are somewhat different.  The plot shows very few drops at times one is not likely to notice ... but you report that they are more frequent.

Given that you are running with a Plusnet Hub One (a BTHH5a) there is good merit in downloading the bespoke version of Router Stats (see the link below), then run that 24x7.  I recommend a 10 second sample interval and 720 points per graph.  Keep an eye on the SNRM graph.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.