cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Disconnects

jlog
Grafter

Intermittent Disconnects

Our connection has been stable for ages, but we’ve been encountering disconnects throughout the last couple of weeks. Is there anything that be can done to resolve this?
17 REPLIES 17
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Intermittent Disconnects

@jlog Try:

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

John
jlog
Grafter

Cheers John, we don’t use a landline phone but think we might still have one in the garage. I’ll dig it out and give it a go.
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

@jlog let us know when you know Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
jlog
Grafter

Hi @willcutforth, no joy. If we have still got a phone I haven’t found it yet (turned the garage upside down looking for it 😄).

Still getting the disconnects (had one just now)
jab1
Legend

@jlog Which Hub have you got? the 'Help Desk' (Hub1) or 'Technical Data' (Hub2) would be an interesting bit of information - just remember to edit out any personal data before uploading.

John
jlog
Grafter

Hi @jab1

It's the Hub 1 that I'm using. I've attached a screenshot of the Helpdesk.

I'm using Decos for my wi-fi hence it being disabled on the router.

Thanks.

jab1
Legend

'@jlog Looking at that screenshot, there are a couple of things that shout 'BT/OR network issue' to me. 1. You are getting xDSL drops on a regular basis 2. Your downstream SNR margin is much too low for your attenuation.

I would report a broadband fault via the second of the links I posted earlier, and hopefully @willcutforth or one of his colleagues will pick this topic back up.

If it is not too much trouble, could you also post the event log, please?

John
jlog
Grafter

Thanks John @jab1 

I will raise a fault.

Noddy Q, but can I export the Event Log or is it a screenshot jobby? If so, is there any particular filter you'd want applying?

Cheers.

jab1
Legend

On the Hub1, it is a screenshot (I think, never having had one). Don't bother about filters, and I only really need the current visible data. I'm just curious, that's all. 😀

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

@jlog 

you need to filter on category WAN to see the connection details

HTH

jlog
Grafter

Belated thanks John & Dan… I’ve not noticed disconnects for a while so fingers crossed it was a temporary issue.
jlog
Grafter

Spoke too soon, just disconnected again Sad
jab1
Legend

@jlog Did you raise the fault, as you were going to do last month? Unless you do, the underlying issue will not go away.

John
jlog
Grafter

Hi @jab1 

I did send a text to raise a fault, subsequently missed a call from Plusnet but the voicemail said they’d get back in touch… they never did though. I didn’t follow up as we were away from home for a bit and upon return hadn’t noticed any disconnects until now.

I’ll raise a new one if this morning’s isn’t a one-off.

cheers,

Jamie