cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect DSLAM provisioning

mdubash
Hooked

Incorrect DSLAM provisioning

After a number of intermittent connections, I raised a fault ticket. Long story short, an engineer came round and reported no fault on the line (VDSL2 service).

However, even though nothing had changed inside the home, the max down speed was much lower than previously: now 67Mbps rather than the 78Mbps I was getting before. My FritzBox 7390 router reports that the DSLAM is restricting throughput to 67Mbps but max attainable throughput is much higher - see screenshot attached.

Looks to me like while there's no fault on the line, the DSLAM is incorrectly set.

Thoughts?

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 13-31-44 FRITZ!Box 7590.png

5 REPLIES 5
mdubash
Hooked

Re: Incorrect DSLAM provisioning

Bump. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@mdubash  Looks to me like your line is banded at 67Mbps, ask Plusnet to action a DLM reset which will remove the speed restriction.

mdubash
Hooked

I'd agree. I got a call from the support team today and they're looking into it.

mdubash
Hooked

I've just had a 'closed issue' email, saying the problem is fixed.

It isn't: the line is capable of near 80Mbps, as it ran at that speed for years. Now it's restricted to 67Mbps exactly (so it's very likely to be a settings issue), which my FritzBox clearly shows is lower than the speed the line supports.

What's more, it sets the connection two or three tmes a day, which never used to happen. The advisor I spoke to yesterday said she could there was a fault - but now the automated email says there isn't. There clearly is.

mdubash
Hooked

Just came off a call with Plusnet - looks like it may get escalated to the Customer Actions Team.

On the Plus (haha!) side, my call was picked up quickly, the guy in the call centre was extremely helpful and engaged with the issues.