Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile help

chri5hill
Grafter

IP Profile help

Hi all,
My ip profile at plusnet is set at 500 and i am only getting test result speeds of 400-480 kbps download but i have just done a test at BT and it shows the following:Your DSL connection rate: 1440 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 1250 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 452 kbps
Does anything need to be changed at plusnet end or is this up to BT?
thanks
Chris
14 REPLIES 14
scootie
Grafter

Re: IP Profile help

if the bt profile is at higher rate for over 24 hours it is likely your pn line profile is stuck and raising a ticket to get the profile set to match bt's is the way forward or if a pn staff picks the post up here they will most likely sort it for you.
im in the same boat at the mo my bt profile droped from 3000 to 2500 which is my normal rate but pn's profile is still at 3000 for the past day so raised a ticket because its causing more errors than normal on my line which i use alot for gaming.
if pn staff do pick this up here can you give my profile a poke to if my ticket has not yet bein picked up.
thanks
p.s i think pn get an update of your bt profile twice aday
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi
I've just run a remote test on your broadband connection and I've identified a fault that needs to be raised to get this issue resolved. Can you please try to raise a speed fault at
http://faults.plus.net

please make sure that you've quoted this:
BRASDSLAM Consistency Check Result Outcome Summary:
Test Outcome : fail
Description : DSLAM access speed and B-RAS access speed are inconsistent. Please try running the OSC in 30 minutes, if fault continues please report this fault as performance problem.
Smiley

scootie
Grafter

chri5hill or me?
as if its me and testing the line profiles when the connection is having a big download session affects the tests maybe let me know and i can pause the download.
ramidoodle
Grafter

Sorry, in bed and not feeling a bit sleepy  Smiley so missed to address the reply
the previous reply was for chri5hill.
However, I've just tested your line as well, you have exactly the same problem (DSLAM and bRAS profiles are inconsistent)
btw, your Your IP profile on BT and PN is the same now 3000 but still you too need to get this raised as a fault.... very weird coincidence
you don't need to worry about the download, it doesn't affect the test Wink
scootie
Grafter

o.k cheers i had all ready raised the fault any way as im off to bed asap had enough of getting shot on cod5 for the night.
thought bt's might jump back up to 3000kbps as iam synced at a few kbps over limit for that line profile but i like to keep my profile at 2500 as i have interleaving off and  the errors on my line are alot less at that line profile.
cheers ramidoodle

chri5hill
Grafter

Hi,
Have raised a speed fault but have checked my download speed on various sites and it has gone up now to the following:
Today 10:11 1260 kbps (158kB/s) 377 kbps (47.1kB/s)
plusnet ip profile still showing as 500.could it be just stuck or would it be worth going through all the checks of changing routers etc that i have been advised to do?
chris
chri5hill
Grafter

hi,
latest speedtest at bt
Your DSL connection rate: 1440 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 1250 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1166 kbps
chris
ramidoodle
Grafter

@chri5hill
You have a stuck IP profile.
your dslam profile is 500 while you bRAS profile is 1250, this is why we are now passing the problem through to BT to get them changed.
I've changed your PN profile to match the bRAS profile (1250).
will keep you posted with the progress with BT
chri5hill
Grafter

Thanks Rami
much appreciated
Cheers
Chris
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi Chri5hill
BT has just matched both of the profiles Smiley this will take 24 hours to take effect.
ASBO DOG is having a bit of an intermittent connection that is causing the same issue Sad but we need to stablise the connection to allow the bRAS profile and DSLAM profile to update automatically.
I've meanwhile changed your PN profile to match your bRAS profile of 2500... an automated order has been submitted to On the interleaving.
time for some coffee to wake up  Crazy
scootie
Grafter

plesase dont turn interleaving back on.
i promise i will stop playing with the dmt tool. my line dosent drop the drops you see is me messing about.
edit: iam going to do a resync now and then leave it for a week. plesase cancel the request to have interleaving on.
my kill:death ratio on cod5 cant hack it with interleaving on Sad
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi,
The interleaving order has already been cancelled.
I will get in touch with my colleague who dealt with the fault to get them to raise the fault to BT
the problem is not with plusnet profile, its the bRAS and the DSLAM profile not being consistent.
scootie
Grafter

thanks
just did a resync and let the dslam set the snr and gave me sync of 3680 so my profile will go to 3000kbps at some point.
i will leave my connection alone now . would you be able to tell me if my line droped nxt week. As if i use dmt or router stats to find if it droped i will be tempted to click the resync button. dont know why but that buttons like one of those big red button with a notice saying do not touch to me Cheesy
ramidoodle
Grafter

he just got it raised
btw, he will get a treat, a pint or some shots lol  Wink