cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does interleaving take to be switched off from request?

anytbut
Grafter

Re: How long does interleaving take to be switched off from request?

Well,doesn`t look like i`ll be stable enough to stick at 5120 Sad
Synced @ 5088 with a 6.1db noise margin currently,one question is if i stay on my current 4Mbps profile and with my sync at 5088 will i see any difference in throughput?
Max download rate i get is 475 kB/s,have done since before joining PN,know i might be greedy in wishing for more but hey,it`s my birthday soon :D.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Sync speeds from 4544 to 5088kbps give IP profiles of 4000kbps so there is a bit of margin to retain the latter.
The IP profile is an idealised throughput speed and the maximum real speeds, which allow for transmission management (handshaking, buffering, receipt acknowledgement, maybe a few retransmissions), will be lower than that by 2-300kbps. 4000-200=3800kbps which is 475kBps the value you mentioned. So the speeds you actually see look about right. Smiley
David
anytbut
Grafter

Had interleaving switched back on,think a more stable connection was better than a few extra frags :).
Jameseh,my noise margin has gone up to 9db now interleaving is back on,used to hover around 6db before i had it switched off and profile is 3500 kbps now.
Is it a case of waiting for the line to sort itself out or shall i lower my noise margin on the router here or would you do it your end?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
If you can lower the noise margin on your router using DMT, then by all means give it a shot.
I suspect your connection is now stable because of the interleavinf AND the noise margin.
anytbut
Grafter

Yea.that`s what i thought....using routerstats (got a flashed ex-sky v1 netgear so dmt doesn`t work on it).
I`ll drop it down to 6 then,thanks jameseh. Smiley
anytbut
Grafter

Had routerstats running since yesterday after manually setting my noise margin to give 6db and noticed i had one loss of sync @ 7:30am,then 8:30am through to 12:30pm i lost sync every 30 minutes,been up since then.
Not had my connection do that before i dont think,is it normal when going back onto interleaving or would it indicate a problem?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It suggests a problem!
You say you lost sync. Are you graphing and saving the DS sync with RouterStats as well as Noise Margin?
It would be helpful if you could post the graphs for the period in question. I might be inclined to leave your Target SNRM alone for a while until any problems are solved, otherwise the DLM may raise it further!
Do you have any extensions or extension wiring, if so check that the bell wires are disconnected (orange/wh & wh/orange on terminals 3 & 4) on rear of master faceplate as well as at extensions.
anytbut
Grafter

Here`s the Rx sync and noise margin,got the telnet one`s there too.
Did notice that the telnet one`s don`t show as many drops,wouldnt be where routerstats couldn`t actually write the information to the log would it?

Anotherone
Champion

I'd say that was router polling/log writing issues, the only change (& hence loss) in sync was ~2100.
If you set RouterStats to Capture & save always, it'll save your required graphs to your designated folder as .jpg 's every period. I'd set the number of points per page lower, to give you a shorter time scale and more detail. What rate are you sampling at? A default of 8 secs should be OK.
The jpg. you can attach to your post by using the "Additional Options..." below the reply window, easier to do, easier to access for readers.
anytbut
Grafter

Ah,missed that function!
Ok,set routerstats up as suggested,only had the graphs set to show a long period of time to show what was happening,usuall have it set @ 100 points per page (every 13 mins i think it is).
Well,hopefully i should have my profile back to 4,000 kbps soon then. Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

I've got mine set at Sample every 8 seconds, 900 points per page, which gives 2 hrs per page.
Once RS is set running it automatically saves every 2 hours.
anytbut
Grafter

Still not got back onto my old 4,000 kbps profile,connection has been on 4608 for a few days now.
Would it have to be a constant connection to switch back onto it or a sync not dropping below a certain rate e.g 4608?
Jameseh,can someone have a looksee and see how my connections been since sunday please? Smiley
scootie
Grafter

yes you can turn your router off/ have resync event but your router needs to keep a sync above 4544kbps for around 3days for your profile to be set at 4000kbps. so if you resync at say 4500kbps for an hour and then resync again above 4544kbps you start the 3 day wait again
heres a table of the sync you need to keep above for what profile.
         sync                   profile
from 288kbps up to 0.25Mbps
from 576kbps up to 0.5Mbps
from 1152kbps up to 1Mbps
from 1728kbps up to 1.5Mbps
from 2272kbps up to 2Mbps
from 2848kbps up to 2.5Mbps
from 3424kbps up to 3Mbps
from 4000kbps up to 3.5Mbps
from 4544kbps up to 4Mbps
from 5120kbps up to 4.5Mbps
from 5696kbps up to 5Mbps
from 6240kbps up to 5.5Mbps
from 6816kbps up to 6Mbps
7392kbps up to 6.5Mbps
7968kbps up to 7Mbps
8128kbps up to 7.15Mbps
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/faqs_and_guides/dslmax_guide.shtml
have you checked the member centre line profile for your line and the bt speedtest that tells you your profile. if these have both increased to 4000kbps make sure you disconnect the internet through your router setup pages and reconnect for the profile to take effect on your line
anytbut
Grafter

Well,lo and behold,had dinner and relaxed a bit.....came back to the pc and run a speedtest and my profile`s changed. Smiley
Download Speed: 3787 kbps (473.4 KB/sec )  Upload Speed: 371 kbps (46.4 KB/sec )  on BBmax speedtest.
anytbut
Grafter

..........And now after thinking it was ok to reboot my router i`m back on 3.5mbps profile!
After rebooting saw i was still on a default 9db noise margin,whereas i was 6db before having interleaving switched off originally.
Dropped it back to 6db via routerstats this morning,just got home and checked things out and noticed my profile change.
Know i have to wait another 3 days before syncing back,but is there anyother way of setting my default nm back to 6db?