cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go live date

Aimee

Go live date

Hi I recently switched over to plusnet fibre extra, I have received my hub but my go live date isn’t untill 17th of august, I don’t need and engineere to visit my line is ready to go I’m wondering if I able to be connected sooner as I work from home and have no internet connection to be able to do so? If anybody can help me please
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Go live date

@Aimee Who or what did you switch from is a very important bit of information that you omitted - without it we can't give a sensible answer.

John
Aimee

I switched from sky
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Ah, OK. In that case I can see why you may be without service. Did you tell SKY you were leaving, or did you leave up to Plusnet to arrange the switch? If it was the first case, they would cut you off on the date you gave them. If it was the second this could be due to engineer availability, as they have to switch you from SKY to BT circuits.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the problems with your order. I've had a look into this for you and from what I can see your line was ceased by your previous provider rather than to let us takeover the line with minimal downtime. 

We've placed an order for an engineer to visit you on the 17th August between 8am and 1pm to re-install the line, but for some reason we aren't able to place your broadband order to activate at the same time as this. 

So when the line's installed again, we'll put through the broadband order separately which can take around 5 working days, depending on engineer availability to carry out external work. Really sorry for the delay. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet