cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC IP Profile stuck?

kankali
Grafter

FTTC IP Profile stuck?

Is this IP Profile correct or is it stuck?
Downstream Sync 24.9
BT IP Profile 22.1
Connected for 11 days
Regards, David
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: FTTC IP Profile stuck?

Hi David,
I've got the following stats for your line:
CVLAN (IP Profile): 22779
Downstream Speed: 24.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed: 3.7 Mbps
That doesn't look too far off to me. Your Speed Profile is set correct on our side too.
kankali
Grafter

Chris,
Thanks for the reply. No idea what a CV IP Profile is, I took mine from the BT Speedtest site and the report that the PlusNet folks ran for me.
I thought the IP profile on FTTC was supposed to be 96.8% of the sync speed - so in this case it should be 24Mb (24.8 x 96.8%).
But the BT IP profile is 2Mb lower, and has been for weeks. PN IP Profile is OK.
So my questions is - do I have a fault here?
Regards, David
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

David,
The IP Profile we would expect it to be 96.7% of your sync rate which would place the IP Profile at 24.82Mb.
With this in mind, BT are unlikely to see the slightly lower IP Profile as a fault as the speeds you're achieving are still within the acceptable limits set for your line.
We could certainly try and investigate the issue for you, however, I think it's highly likely that BT will pass the case back as 'Within Acceptable Limits'.
kankali
Grafter

Chris,
Thanks - I was just checking if there was a valid reason for a BT IP profile to be so far adrift.
Fault raised over a week ago - and yes I am sure BTO will have their usual approach i.e. just be grateful your getting anything!
I just want a DLM reset but apparently that requires a cabinet visit under FTTC
Regards, David
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi David,
We could book a visit in and add notes for the engineer to just carry out a DLM Reset and state that no access is required to the premises. It should be something that our Faults Team can arrange.
kankali
Grafter

Chris,
Thanks - I will consider that next time.
I think it's worth the engineer coming out as I had a shocking number of reconnects a couple of weeks back. I did a fix but would appreciate an all clear from the engineer.
Regards, David