cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED:- reading posts here doesn't look good for a new customer !

bsanotrun
Grafter

Re: reading posts here doesn't look good for a new customer !

Quote from: timmytoad
hi all, i am VERY seriously considering moving to PlusNet from Virgin Media, but reading the posts on this page, IT doesn't look very encouraging at all, everyone here has problems !!.

I moved from Virgin (C&W LLU) a few months ago the broadband works fine no problems,
but if there were, customer service at plusnet is in a different league compared to VM
just read some of the comments and reply’s on VMs support page.
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Broadband-down-your-phone-line/bd-p/national
For the price i would recommend them 100%
Forgot to add, are you currently on Cable or ADSL
if you would be moving to ADSL you need to check how for you are from the exchange
Line length makes an enormous difference to the speed you can get on ADSL,

miike
timmytoad
Grafter

Wowee folks i certainly asked for that one, hook line and sinker, thanks for being so blunt with me.
In fact you have swayed me over completely, i shall sign up right now, thanks.
At Virgin Media i am on Cable Broadband and Phone, as for ADSL and my distance from the exchange, i am barely 200 yards away as the crow flies YEAH.
I look forward very much to going you guys.
I nearly switched to PlusNet a few months ago AND i didn't ask to keep my phone number, which is what PlusNet did actually arrange (behind my back), so when VM got wind of my intended number change they quickly knocked off £10 from my monthly bill, so at the very last minute i got cold feet and stayed with VM, recently i enquired about upgrading to 30mb, from 10mb !, it was then i found out that my £10 discount was only for a few months and i would be paying full price for any upgrade to 30mb !!!!, so i am now firmly against Virgin Media trying to stop me moving, there Retentions department stinks.
Tim
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

If you are only 200 yards from the exchange, on ADSL2+ (WBC) you should get the full 20Mb downstream, or if your exchange hasn't been upgraded yet, you'll get the full 8Mb available for ADSL Max. You can check your exchange capability at Sam Knows. Put your phone number in and look for BT Wholesale information to see what type of ADSL you can get. Also check LLU operator presence - if there are 2 or more LLU operators, the exchange will be Market 2 or Market 3 (shown under Ofcom Classification), and will give you a reduced price from PlusNet for your broadband service.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have nothing but praise for PlusNet, it's staff and service.
My queries are always answered promptly, whether by phone or raising a ticket.
Very helpful CS and Technical staff, and English accents !
(Plus Yorkshire !)
I regularly get 16mb/s +
I am 467 metres from my exchange

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php
timmytoad
Grafter

Quote from: Jaggies
If you are only 200 yards from the exchange, on ADSL2+ (WBC) you should get the full 20Mb downstream, or if your exchange hasn't been upgraded yet, you'll get the full 8Mb available for ADSL Max. You can check your exchange capability at Sam Knows. Put your phone number in and look for BT Wholesale information to see what type of ADSL you can get. Also check LLU operator presence - if there are 2 or more LLU operators, the exchange will be Market 2 or Market 3 (shown under Ofcom Classification), and will give you a reduced price from PlusNet for your broadband service.

Cheers buddy that is interesting, i live at mk45 1qh my exchange has  "21CN WBC" enabled, so that must be good to GO ......
tim