Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Status Checker

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Exchange Status Checker

Sorry to drag this thread up again, but I thought from reading the Usergroup Forum that the updates would be automated.
I have checked for my exchange (Cheltenham), which is showing as RED for Virtual Paths, last updated 27 Nov and estimated fix of 9th Dec.
Can anyone provide an update?
My other car isn't a Ferrari
Addnan
Grafter

I thought it had some auto detect thats why it keeps taking me to poplar. I am on Poplar btw. Is it ever gonna go green lol, or even yellow.
Sheepdog
Grafter

The exchange status has also changed my exchange (North Walsham) had WBC date of Oct to 31/3/10 and now states no date exsists, does this mean faster speeds are now a distant hope and BT have now decided that thiese dates are not feasible or is it just a data mistake?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

BT decided to "un-publish" all exchange dates beyond 31/03/2010. It may have only been pushed back a few months.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MrC
Grafter

Quote from: Sheepdog
.....does this mean faster speeds are now a distant hope and BT have now decided that thiese dates are not feasible or is it just a data mistake?

Another thought ambling through my bonce is that a change in focus to FTTC may be making BT rethink it's priorities. After all exchange kit is expensive so why commit to upgrading smaller exchanges to ADSL2+ if the whole exchange model could change in the next few years? If there are smaller exchanges in the vicinity of a larger one then FTTC could feasibly bring about complete closure of smaller exchanges.
Personally if there was a chance of getting ADSL2+ via FTTC here rather than ADSL2+ over the existing copper from the exchange I know which I'd rather have even if I had to wait a bit longer  Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
The dates have been pushed back because of the MBORCS (matters beyond our reasonable control) that BT have open at the moment due to the weather. Once these are cleared up you'll start to see movement again, we'll keep you posted regarding what's happening as and when we're notified.
maranello
Pro

What dates are you referring to, Matt?
I appreciate that there may be uncertainty with regard to 21CN enablement, but how often should the VP status be updated?
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: maranello

I appreciate that there may be uncertainty with regard to 21CN enablement, but how often should the VP status be updated?

It certainly doesn't help when the exchange status seems to bounce between red and green like Cheltenham's does. I'm on Cheltenham too and performance here is all over the place which could be down to the exchange but we don't actually know the current status of it. I'm hoping that the glitches and complete loss of ADSL signal last week for a couple of hours are actually a sign that someone was doing something somewhere.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Addnan
It's been Green 10 times this year, but possibly not for a whole week each time Roll_eyes
It was supposed to have been fixed 9th Dec. but as that was week ago, it's probably Red again  Shocked
maranello
Pro

Checker appears to be up to date now, at least for Cheltenham exchange which is now no longer RED.
Thanks to whoever it was at PN who did the update.